• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jaded movie-goer

This is my first posting and I am sure after getting 19 responses you won't even be reading this but who knows. I decided to respond to your posting because I find myself often in your situation. I keep going because I want to see something new and every once in awhile I do. More often then not I am let down, but what do you expect. Movies are a business and business thinks it has a model for success. You have probably watched movies all of your life and you know the formulas to well. Me, I used to work in the business so I know the formulas way to well. What really gets me upset is knowing the money they wasted on such poor efforts. I also get mad at how the sheep flock to it. I mean you are watching a medium who's controling force is profit from that first weekend on. They don't care if you like it. All they care about is getting your money and hoping the general masses will flock to it because it is eye candy for the general public. General masses means profit. For you, you want to see the magic. You want to see the magic you first felt when seeing movies. Instead, you get the same magic over and over again. It is really like knowing how the magician does the tricks. Once you know it isn't magic anymore.
Anyway, isn't it great when you do see something new? With me sometimes it can just be a small plot twist or aspect that makes me think about a change I can add to my own work. It is just a spark that gets my own imagination going. You know sometimes you have to find that one little positive and then forget you ever saw the rest.
I really find it hard to believe you don't have this same problem with music. I was jaded by music far before movies. I think it is because I rarely hear anything new out of the music industry and because I learned about how pathetic that industry is. Of course, the movie industry is no better, but I was in that industry and I also know the good aspects of it. Well, I am sure this has had no meaning for you so I quess this was really just about me expressing my opinion. If you do read this, thank you for getting me started by expressing a feeling I have had very often myself. Sometimes it is good just to express your thoughts even if no one is really listening. Wow! That sounds a little crazy!

This is my first posting and I am sure after getting 19 responses you won't even be reading this but who knows.

I'd love to read your post. Just put some paragraph breaks in there. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back