• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

ISA government...

hell2555

I'm really confused.
really.
The ISA has a democratic government with one president - sheridan. vice president - delenn and congress or senate or wahtever it is - the council of worlds.
then what is the grey Council doing controlling the Rangers, even more, what is the highest Minbari government officials judging one man of breaking a rule, yes, its important but its not like he killed sheridan or something, didnt they have tribunals, lower courts.
Doesnt the grey council have anything else to do than judge a non-important ranger in a non-important issue?/ dont they have to sign laws or anything??

i understand having the ISA seat on Minbar is like having the UN seat on the US. but still, the U.S. senate and president do not judge a blue helmet officer for tresspasing an international border...
i think you get my point

------------------
We live for the one, we die for the one. and... I am the one.

That wasn't the Gray Council, that was a seperate council in charge of the rangers, like the Joint Chiefs. As for that council dispensing justice inside it's ranks, that's the chain of command.

------------------

As has been said previously, and commented on by JMS, it wasn't the Grey Council but the Rangers' High Council.

They probably look similar (I wouldn't know, not having seen it), but that's to be expected of the Minbari.
laugh.gif

Edit note: Oh well, posted at the same time as SnaitN.
laugh.gif
Anyway, most Earth Western parliaments etc look more or less the same as well, at least to an outsider, so it's logical that the Minbari Councils all look similar to each other.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited January 20, 2002).]

yeah, also it seemed weird they were not summoned on the minbari ships but on mibar, the grey council is most of the time on the ship if not always.

Now that you two say that. Shouldn't the Grey Council take a look at the Hand? its a menace to them also, shouldn't they send minbari ships also?
its kinda weird how it all works

------------------
We live for the one, we die for the one. and... I am the one.

It makes perfect sense to me. These cats in the robes were not the Grey Council. They are in charge of the Rangers because, even though there are different races in the Rangers, it's still a Minbari thing. In time, perhaps, there will be humans and others in charge, but the Rangers have only had non-Minbari for about 10 years, not long enough for any human to make it that high up in command.

It's the Rangers' responsibility to watch out for new races, keep an eye on threats to the alliance, etc. It is only natural for them to be concerend with the Hand.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Well, since the Rangers started out strictly as a Minbari group or body or organization, or whatever you will, I would guess that having it ruled by a Minbari council would make sense. They probably just made them look like the Grey Council because maybe they think that rulers should be anonymous.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Don't assume that all the robed figures were Minbari. G'Kar could have peaked under the hood of a human.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
In time, perhaps, there will be humans and others in charge, but the Rangers have only had non-Minbari for about 10 years, not long enough for any human to make it that high up in command.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Sinclair made it all the way to the top of ranger command... Although yes that was a special case.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Members online

No members online now.
Back