• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is there any way to get the LOTR on dvd?

It all depends on where you are. I did a quick check on eBay and there are a few VHS copies in PAL format. No DVD release yet.

Many months ago JMS revealed that the first 5 B5 movies would be released in a boxed set, followed by Crusade and a separate release of Legend of the Rangers. The R1 (North American) version of the TV movie set was just released. Warner Bros. had not yet officially announced that it is doing either the Crusade set or the Rangers TV, much less the dates involved. But JMS's post makes it clear that the discs are coming, and I think there is good reason to believe that they'll be released (in R1, at least) by the end of the year. It would make sense for WB to get the last of the B5 discs in time for the holidays this year since S5 and the movie set are out already.

Regards,

Joe

As far as I know the LOTR has never been issued anywhere on DVD.
I bought an Australian, PAL, VHS copy on Ebay.
Apart from a pirate by someone with a DVD recorder, therefore, you'll just have to wait for WB to release it. :(
It's only TV movie length so we might get some good commentaries and extras on the DVD?? :)
(See, Joe.....TWO optimists!!) :LOL:

Well with Crusade coming out now in December, perhaps LOTR isn't too much farther down the road. I can't seem to find my copy of when I taped it off of Sci-Fi, so I'm hoping that it does indeed make it to DVD format. :)

Rommie

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back