• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is the B5 Universe dying or just taking nap?

That it does, Joe. That it does. It's called "LIFE."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

B5 is dead in the water there are no new books no tv show .So yeah IMHO it is dead .Until the day JMS breathes new life in the franchise .Anyway ST may be beaten to death in some eyes but if that's true why do they keep making new products and show .Something must be right and someone is making money off the fans .

It might sound nieve of me... but I think as long as fans continue to talk about the show... enjoy it... keep it alive in fandom, it is alive. And it's such interest that helps create new stuff.

Take this site.. a site for a "dead show". Yet I've seen loads of the DVDs sell. That's not a dead show, and WB will keep such things in mind.

I think the DVDs will gather in new fans -- people who were interested but could never catch the show while it was on the air, for example.

B5 will never be dead. They made the primary show, all five seasons. New people are born every day who will eventually become fans of the show. People still watch the Jetsons religiously even though there hasn't been a new episode of that cartoon in how many decades?

Also, look at this paradox... the question "Is B5 dead?" is being asked and discussed by many people in an online forum. If this many people frequent a web site and discuss these things, its clearly not dead.

I'm also suddenly very happy I've never had a cup of coffee in my life! I'll send KoshN a few valium.
smile.gif

-Tim

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by gangster: </font color>
They call it "Old Timer's Disease."

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino: </font color>
That's OK, some of our younger members suffer from "wisenheimer's disease".

Maybe a little overprotective of Crusade, but hardly a "wisenheimer."

Thanks for fixing it, gangster.
smile.gif

Yet I've seen loads of the DVDs sell.

Gosh, wish I could get a piece of that action. Sales have been amazingly slow this quarter for me and only one S2 DVD sale so far.
frown.gif
Ah well, I can't complain too much since Ant's site is a lot bigger and popular than mine.
wink.gif
Plus, it is practically the only thing he sells.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I do agree with him that as long as we keep it alive by talking about it, we keep the interest going.

No problem. One of the lessons I've learned in life is when you make a mistake, admit it, fix it if you can, and go on.
smile.gif

Well, there are the movies, which has generated more interest of late, and I think with Harry Potter there's a general trend towards fantasy these days.

But your point stands -- from the 50s to the 70s there was absolutely nothing new. Then from the 70s to the 90s there wasn't much either.

And consider the next generation. How many of us are going to try and get our kids hooked on B5?

It might sound nieve of me... but I think as long as fans continue to talk about the show... enjoy it... keep it alive in fandom, it is alive. And it's such interest that helps create new stuff.

Well said, Antony!
cool.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by AntonyF: </font color>

That only works if the studio, a network, and/or a book publisher can smell the money. In our case, re. new B5 universe shows, books and movies, they all have bad, head colds (not to mention lobotomies).

They way that I look at it is B5 will always live on in the hearts and minds of its fans.

I still watch my tapes of the show and post about the show on messages boards, so as far as I'm concerned, B5 is not dead.

Well, I can only compare orders since S2 hasn't shipped yet but on my site, sales of S2 are very poor (about 1/12 compared to last season). Everyone is probably buying them from here instead.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back