• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is Crusade dead?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

i am as excited as anyone else about the new babylon 5 movie Legend of the Rangers, but it seems as though everyone has forgotten Crusade. if it came down to a choice between a new series and somehow returning and continuing Crusade, even if it is with only part of the original cast (COLE, WOODWARD and DOBORO are absolutely necessary in my opinion) i would rather see Crusade return. i am not the kind of person who likes to just be left hanging at the biginning of a great story. i believe now is the time to tell sci-fi that we want more crusade. JMS himself said the power is in our hands now. who agrees with me?

------------------

Rangers has to do well before we can even think of Crusade.

There's a reason JMS set Rangers two years before the events of Crusade.

I hope that reason is if Rangers does well, Crusade can come in and run concurrently.

It would be fun.

But, for right now, Crusade is dead. As a doornail.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

How can you say that everyone has forgotten Crusade? JMS has talked about it, Doug Netter has talked about it and the fans are often talking about it!

------------------
Anyone got an animal, vegetable or mineral spare?

"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Is Crusade dead?

>Kosh Naranek< "NO." >Kosh Naranek<

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Its just sleeping waiting for the right moment to awaken....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>How can you say that everyone has forgotten Crusade? JMS has talked about it, Doug Netter has talked about it and the fans are often talking about it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Antony has devoted a whole section of this board to the topic of Crusade. Which is probably where this and the other Crusade threads which have suddenly popped up here in the Rangers section ought to be moved.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
And Antony has devoted a whole section of this board to the topic of Crusade. Which is probably where this and the other Crusade threads which have suddenly popped up here in the Rangers section ought to be moved.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye well this thread is moving over the the crusade forum now.

moving...to Crusade forum

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

think of the difficulties involved in pulling together some or all of the old cast after so long to do Crusade again. the only way to motivate anyone to make this happen is for fans to organize a serious campaign to convince the networks (warner bros and scifi) that we want this, that we are serious and that they will make a profit from the effort. for these people it is all about money and now is the time, with the new movie and all, to let the network know that we want Crusade back. i have missed Crusade so very much, as many have, and i for one want it back. while the networks contemplate a new series we could be organizing to tell them we want an old series to continue. they want cash and they get cash through merchandising and promotions and the like. they have these only if a series is successful and a series is only considered successful based on its ratings and fanbase. we must convince scifi that bringing back Crusade will indeed succeed. Crusade is not dead, it is "sleeping and waiting to return". Now is the time to make it return. i would urge everyone who agrees to contact JMS, warner bros., and scifi and tell them how strongly you feel about Crusade. it wont come back on its own, only if we support it.

------------------

I would refer you to this thread at B5LR for more information on what has been done thus far and where things stand.

I think you'll find the posts and links very informative on this subject.

Happy reading,
smile.gif

Ro

Edit: Just realized that JoeD already referred to this thread above.
wink.gif
Great minds, and all that... lol.

Ro
------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited December 08, 2001).]

Elric might say that we intelligent folk could choose certainty...give up on Crusade and it would never come back. Or, we can choose uncertainty, and perhaps Crusade may transcend its untimely death. As Kosh said, 'while you are here, I will always be here.' I'm not giving up hope; TNT couldn't figure out how to kill it.

Blah, blah, blah...I want Crusade!!!

Eirik
cool.gif

------------------
It never ends; it only changes!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>think of the difficulties involved in pulling together some or all of the old cast after so long to do Crusade again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People keep bringing this up, but I don't know why everyone assumes this would be difficult. It isn't as if everyone in the cast has become a $20 million a picture superstar since the show when off the air. They're all still working actors, and only one of them has a commitment to another series. They'd probably all be delighted by the prospect of a steady paycheck for up to five years, as most actors would be. Only Gary Cole comes close to being a "name" star, and he's still more respected than sought-after. Paramount managed to reunite most of the cast of Star Trek after a heck of a lot longer lay-off, for what was originally intended to be a sequel series.

So the cast thing is hardly an insuperable problem.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Paramount managed to reunite most of the cast of Star Trek after a heck of a lot longer lay-off, for what was originally intended to be a sequel series.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though they couldn't get Leonard Nimoy until the project evolved into a theatrical feature. Which would, I suppose, be fairly comparable to doing Crusade without Peter Woodward. Or something.

Still, your point is a good one. The cast shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

I still think a Crusade revival is fairly unlikely for other reasons, mostly involving corporate politics. But it's certainly not out of the question -- if Legend of the Rangers goes to series and gets good ratings. Should LR tank, it's dead.

------------------
-- Marty

FWIW, Time Warner just got a new CEO whose main strength seems to be persuading people to Stop Squabbling and start working Together.
A problem Warner's various divisions have been notorious for.

So, maybe some sanity will set in and the various parts of Warner will have some time and energy left to actually Market one of their best TV products.

Babylon 5, of course.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
Though they couldn't get Leonard Nimoy until the project evolved into a theatrical feature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's mainly because he was pretty pissed of at Roddenberry for various reasons, had a suit going against Paramount, and was only offered a role in 2 out of the initial 13 episodes.

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
That's mainly because he was pretty pissed of at Roddenberry for various reasons, had a suit going against Paramount, and was only offered a role in 2 out of the initial 13 episodes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Details, details.
smile.gif

(Remember, I agreed with Joe's point...)

------------------
-- Marty

Unfortunately, much as it pains me to say, I think Crusade is doomed to remain "Pending" for some time to come.

Regardless of what we in the B5 fan community think, to some of those outside it will always carry the whiff of a failed TV show. We can argue till we're blue in the face that it was all due to TNT's interference etc. etc., but ultimately it carries the stigma of being cancelled after half a season, without even having been seen.

Crusade was a well-conceived show, but does suffer in comparison with B5, even S1. It was just not as "tight" - and never seemed quite as sure of itself. It has the potential to be a great show, but I think it will remain potential.

I hope to be proved wrong
crazy.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Is Crusade Dead? There are two answers to that IMO.

1. To quote Dr. McCoy, "He's not really dead, as long as we remember him." Of course you can replace the he's and him with its and it.

2. Faith Manges. If JMS has faith in the show, and continues to talk about it, have faith. It'll be back. Though probably with a different cast.

------------------
"My name is Scorpius."

This is still an issue?

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

As new people come to the board, or get interested in Crusade why shouldn't it come up again?

If you're not interested, don't post in the thread. Simple, simple...

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back