• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

In Bsg which Charater and his or her situation do you indentify with?

Garovorkin

Regular
In BSG who of the characters would you consider to be a kindred spirit? In other words, which of them reminds you pf yourself the most? Which of them do you empathize with the most and the least? Which of them would you like to get to know on a personal level and which of them could you love? :confused:

I don't really identify with any of them too well. If I had to pick one, I'd say Baltar.

I'd identify more closely with someone like Pete Tyler or Mickey Smith from Doctor Who.. but I don't think there are any characters in BSG that directly translate to those two.

I've identified with Apollo sometimes -- ridiculously noble and not terribly interesting, which is how I am -- but when Kara was going nuts at the beginning of season 4 I felt a whole lot of sympathy for her. I've felt that way a lot.

I think I've associated myself with Helo a lot. I know people kind of are annoyed by him sometimes, but he tries to do the right thing no matter what and follows his heart.

My friends say I remind them of the president: soft spoken and somewhat distant, yet if you really piss me off, I'll shoot you right out the airlock. ;)

I don't know who I would love--probably someone a lot like Bill Adama. I can see myself growing old with some guy who loves books and who likes his own quiet, private time building model ships. =)

This thread made me think about something.Almost every Sci-Fi show has at least one humouristic character but BSG has none.I'd probably identify with the guy who always has some good funny phrase in his back pocket but there's no such a guy in BSG.For example B5 has Londo and Garibaldi, SG-1 has Jack O'Neil, Farscape has Rygel and Crichton,LEXX has Stanley Tweedle and 790, and so on.BSG has nothing but serious and tired faces who seemed to have stopped being really alive after the destruction of the colonies.

This thread made me think about something.Almost every Sci-Fi show has at least one humouristic character but BSG has none.I'd probably identify with the guy who always has some good funny phrase in his back pocket but there's no such a guy in BSG.For example B5 has Londo and Garibaldi, SG-1 has Jack O'Neil, Farscape has Rygel and Crichton,LEXX has Stanley Tweedle and 790, and so on.BSG has nothing but serious and tired faces who seemed to have stopped being really alive after the destruction of the colonies.

Baltar totally fits that mode. Yea, there is more to him than that, but he definitely fits into "humoristic"

In that case I'd have to pick Baltar as the closest thing to myself. In addition to humor, he is prone to allowing his libido to lead him to make disastrous decisions, and I can relate.

Baltar had some good lines in the last episode when he was talking to the Centurion about God and the machine was just standing still without paying much attention.The whole situation made me laugh which almost never happens when I watch BSG.It looks like the writers finally decided to break the ice a little and put some humour into this show.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back