• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I'm joining in!

Re: I\'m joining in!

Okay, I asked some questions, and it seems that Cinefaz is an "original version"-oriented channel until now, so there are very good chances that the show's going to air over here subtitled and not dubbed.

Partyyy ! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Tom

A side note: I HAVE NEVER EVER seen anything as breathtakingly stupid as : Monthy Python. Dubbed /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I almost ran into town and shot down the channel's building when I discoverd that they were NOT subtitling /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Well, I've got almost all of Jeremiah downloaded. However, the last to finish will be the one with Steve in. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Ironic.

Your computer is trying to tell you something ... don't watch it! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Probably most people who had it and watched it, decided to be kind and delete it from their computers, to save future Jeremiah-viewers from having to download and see such a horrid episode. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Anyway, I would like to give it a try too... heh, got to use the same approach to obtaining it as Antony and ChiLlBeserker and others living in our corner of the world, obviously and unfortunately. So anyway, is it something I'd absolutely have to watch in the right order, or would it be OK to just "sample" a couple of eps first? And if yes, which ones? The only ones I have in their entirety but haven't watched yet are Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass (or whatever that title was) and Firewall. Getting the pilot too, but looks like this will take a few weeks to get. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

It is pretty much vital that you watch them in order..but I hope you are aware of following (Spoilers only on the general series concept) (damn how does this spoiler tag work /forums/images/icons/confused.gif )

15 years before the show starts, earth was hit by a virus killing everybody over the age of puberty. There aren't any people over the age of 30..not really watchable for you Kribu is it /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif )

Anyway, if you want, I could just run my Jeremiah stack (20 CD's) through my burner and mail it to you over snail mail (It's my vacation and my computer is sitting around bored most the time anyway)

Nah, thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want people to make an extra effort because of this. Chances are that it's not my kind of show (just a gut feeling, has been ever since the series was announced) and in that case it would be for nothing.

As for the spoiler tag - [ spoiler ]text you don't want to spoil[ /spoiler ]. Without the spaces, of course. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Where are you downloading them (don't have to tell me where exactly, I know that is against board policies) - IRC? (Thats where I got them)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So anyway, is it something I'd absolutely have to watch in the right order, or would it be OK to just "sample" a couple of eps first? And if yes, which ones?

[/quote]
nope...it depends what epsiode you watch as a "sample".
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The only ones I have in their entirety but haven't watched yet are Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass (or whatever that title was) and Firewall.

[/quote]
Man of Iron,Woman Under Glass is very good episode to start...it gives a good view of whole series - if you like it, i quess you like whole series. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
(Firewall is big arc story so it's certainly not right episode to start.)

this is only my opinion so maybe others disagree with me

Let's see... I showed my mom just the necessaries, and worked pretty well. They'll get you through the major S1 arc without having to die from Egan exposure:

(and, at the end, she was hooked, too):

The Long Road
Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass
...And the Ground, Sown With Salt
The last 15 minutes of To Sail Beyond The Stars
The last 1/2 hour of City of Roses
Firewall
The first 15 minutes of Journeys End in Lovers Meeting
Read the synopsis for The Touch
Tripwire
A Means To An End
Things Left Unsaid 1 and 2

Theives Honor is a great episode, but has nothing to do with anything (but watch it for Theo!)

This should get you through /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I think if you follow Channe's list, you should be in good shape.

Of course, you could always just start with "Firewall" (maybe watch the pilot and/or "Man of Iron...") since JMS has said previously that it is a "good place to jump on". I think it is a great episode since it kicks the arc into high gear and really shows you where the whole thing might be going. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

So. Finally got around to watching the pilot over the weekend (I've been busy /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ) and must say it was better than I expected. The first half was so-so but by the second half I was already somewhat interested in what was going on.

I was right in feeling it's not my kind of show but I'm going to watch the next few eps as well once I have time for it. Maybe it'll grow on me. I liked Jeremiah (hm, I like Luke Perry, so maybe that has something to do with it).

Comparing The Long Road to the Rangers pilot... the Jeremiah pilot was a lot "better", objectively, but even with all its many flaws, I enjoyed Rangers a heck of a lot more. But as I said, I'll watch a few more. I assume that if I manage to get interested in the story, it would probably keep me watching, to see what happens.

I to have had to resort to downloading the episodes since I cannot view them any other way. They have been of great quality which I am glad for. I'm tryin to get my wife hooked on it as well since she is also a big JMS fan. This might be a little off topic but it is interesting to see how many people have visions of what the "end of the world" might be like. In some ways Jeremiah reminds me of Stephen Kings "The Stand". Two other great books about the end are Robert Maccamon's "Swan Swong" and David Brin's "The Postman" (10 times better than the Costner movie by the way).

Latest posts

Members online

Back