• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I'm baaaack!

PMvanova

Beyond the rim
I\'m baaaack!

Well, for those that remember me..many many months ago I started a story about a Ranger named Gedi. Well, due to computer crashing and life, I've been offline for almost 6 months. I am ready to resume Gedi's story which is way back in the archives and the rest is lost on my other drive and on paper. So with luck I'll get the story going again and improve it as I go.
There's a lot more people writing here than when I last visited...good to see that.
Well, I will see you when I see you...

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

Re: I\'m baaaack!

Hiya PM, remember me? Nice to see you again. I hope all is well and that you will post again soon, especially your story. I was enjoying it.

Do you still have the same e-mail addy and screen name? I do. Drop me a line or give me a holler some time if you see that I am on.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Uh, who are you???
laugh.gif

Hey, wait, I'm just kidding!!! No sense letting that Na'ka'leen feeder out of its cage...

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

PM!!!

Nice to see you again!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Glad to have you back, PM!! Just the other day I was thinking about people I hadn't seen here for a while, and your name was one that popped into my head. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
smile.gif

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

Welcome back, PM! (I don't think you know me, but, hey! What the heck, huh?) I hope everything turned out all right for you!

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

[This message has been edited by EntilZhaDelenn (edited December 03, 2001).]

Wow! I recognize everyone! I've got my very own fan club!
I have not only a 'new' computer but new aol, and had to search and ask for this site to get back here. Another small eensy problem, I don't think I have java applets installed because the chat room window never comes up. DRAT!
I'll get that figured out eventually.
Um..another thing, I've also lost the last versions of my story! Anyone else out there have a copy of it? I'm starting from absolute scratch here. I've got a G3 clone but have no word processing program yet. Getting that soon. Anyway, writing what I can in simple text and will get it posted asap.
I just need a synopsis of where we last left our intrepid Ranger so I can jump back into it. Otherwise, I start a new story. Going to do that anyway, but it would be nice to finish the other one out.
Nice to see everyone again!

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

PM,

I think your story posts are still here. I went back through the old pages, all the way to the very first one here in the fanfic forum and found 4 links that are to threads that your stories were posted in. Here are the ones I found. I hope this helps:
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000026.html
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000035.html
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000046.html
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000058.html

I don't know how many of these were Ranger Gedi stories. I didn't look over them except to see that they were stories that you wrote. I hope you can find this info useful in getting your old stories back.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited December 04, 2001).]

Sorry, it seems the links aren't working for some reason.
frown.gif
But I found them on pages 5, 6, and 7 I think if you want to look for them.
blush.gif

Thanks to crazybillyo, he pointed out that I made mistakes typing the links and I went back and edited them. They should work now.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited December 04, 2001).]

Thanks ever so much for the links!!! It really does help to get the story re-connected in my head. I feel I can pick it up from where I left off now.
Okay....let me get a few things back together again and I'll see if I can come up with the next parts. I started getting scattered as to where I wanted the story to go, but still have the general idea in my head.
(I must be a latent writer in order to keep track of stuff like that!)
So, as it stands, Montoya has just sent Gedi to Minbar for recuperation and there's a hint of him having some greiving and travelling of his own to do....hmmmm.....(I remember what happens, you'll see soon enough.)
As the old Bartles and James commercial used to say, "And thank you for your support"
I'm going to be busy the next few days, but by Monday I should be on track and ready to post something....anything!
Oh, and one more thing, I have the chat room here connected finally! Let me know when people most often show up and I'll try to be there, otherwise, I'll see you when I see you.

------------------
PM
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

PM,

You're welcome!
smile.gif

About the chatroom: I usually drop in around 11:30pm or so EST, and most nights there is someone there. The busiest nights in the chatroom are Fri. and Sat. nights. When you do pop in, you'll usually find me, Mariah, Psi Kid, crazybillyo, thrawn, Channe, Doctor Gonzo, hypatia, tigyrwulf, or Derian there.

------------------

I hate to ask but, there seems to be something about salad that happened while I was gone....
laugh.gif
Gee, you take a leave of absence and the crowd goes veggie crazy!
hehehehee.
Hoping to get in the chat room Friday night...I have work until 8:30 pm but I'll see what I can do.
Way tired right now, see you all later.

------------------
PM
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

Sorry crazy, how could I forget you?
blush.gif

PM,

The salad bar thing is a long and crazy story that started in the chatroom and has taken on a life of it's own, so much so that I am the owner of salad bars at four different message boards. If you want to know the details, ask me some time and I will tell you.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited December 08, 2001).]

Oohkay...I won't ask again.
tongue.gif

As for starting up the story again..it's going to be interesting. I think I'm going to have to start a new story from scratch with Gedi on Minbar. I remember writing it down, but don't remember whether it was on paper or computer. In either case I can't find any copy of it and will have to try and dredge it up from the back of my brain.
(It will help to have some 'mood music' on in the background to get my head in the right spot...hehehe)
I will be starting it up on a fresh topic and leave this one for your comments about the story. That way the story isn't interrupted by comments from the peanut gallery. j/k.
I'm hoping to start that up pretty soon. I'm working on Christmas presents and straightening out my daughter...grrr...long story on that one.
(I'm having problems with the chat room connection again. I got in once, but can't get in now...go figure)
I'll see you all when I see you and not a moment sooner...
tongue.gif

------------------
PM
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

One question: Do you have a printer? If you do, you can go to the links that have your stories and print those pages out. Then you will have copies of your story.
smile.gif

------------------

Welcome back!! Was wondering where you had gotten to PM, but glad to see ya again.
smile.gif
Can't wait to read more of your fics.
smile.gif

------------------
Oh, and Mundanes Suck!

" Even though he was smart, the reason he participated in this heinous act was the fact that he smoked to much weed. It affected him to the point where he participated in stupid stunts."
-Thrawn2222 What he will say at my funeral. :D

Well, due to personal interruptions and upheavals, my writing is on hiatus again. I'm in a creative low, but feel a story trickling through in the back of my brain. If I could only retrieve the stories I've already done on my other computer! grrrrr....
Anyway...as soon as I can scrape about two hours together and sit down and write something, you guys will be the second to read it. (after me of course!)
I love a captive audience! hehehehe
It's going to be real interesting to see what the Rangers movie does. I haven't had a chance to see the trailer, (not enough memory and download speed). But I'm sure that I'll be integrating Gedi into that story line somehow!
Thanks for the support people, it really is appreciated and needed.

Yours, in the name of The One,

------------------
PM
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

Well, your "old friend" here looks forward to seeing anything you write!
smile.gif

------------------

Back