• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If Rangers fails...what is the future of B5?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

With Sci-Fi suits using words such as 'maybe' and 'could' (meaning that even if Rangers got a 3.0 rating, they can still turn around and so no), what will become of B5?
After the problems with TNT, this must be the last chance. Questions is, if Rangers fails, we will end up with more unanswered plot questions and I'm still interested in finding out what would have appeared in Crusade.

Should JMS write a Crusade/Rangers trilogy of novels so that we get those questions answered, if Sci-Fi do what I think they will do?

------------------
'I plan to live forever, or die trying' - Villa Blake's 7

I'm not sure SciFi is the last hope for Rangers.

As Galen would say, "There is always hope, because it's the one thing no one has figured out how to kill."
laugh.gif

------------------
Rising Star

Oh, *please* don't scare me with a question like that! I want SFC to pick up Rangers as a series--I'm so tired of all the bad B5 news!

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I was very encouraged to hear that Warner Brothers will "shop Rangers around", or however it was put, if Sci-Fi doesn't snatch it up. I just hope a few of the original actors can still be available by then. Geeze, it takes serious time in this business, doesn't it? I't annoying, but necessary, I suppose.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I agree with you all. Heh - if Rangers fails, it might be the end of the B5 series, it might not. But you gotta understand - Joe did what he said he would. He made B5. Anything else is salad dressing.

Now, I hope to consume copious amounts of salad dressing.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Jms has always said he believs in the eventual making of a B5 feature film, and if his Rising Stars movie does well, there will be very little reason to doubt that.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

I've been down this road before. If Rising Star does well then... If B5 Reruns on SFC do well then... If Crusade does well on TNT then....
This is the situation as I understand it. SFC has NOTHING to gain by announcing support for SFC Rangers series now. From their point of view, the smart thing to do is wait and see how it does in January. I understand that they are enthusiastic about the project, however they see no imperative to move at this time. I think there will be a Rangers series. It is not time to panic yet. Anyway the thought of Saving Rangers make me cringe.

------------------

I'll let it go. I'm not really worried. Yeah, I'll be dissappointed if there is never any more new Babylon 5 stuff, but hey - such is life, and it IS only a television show.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the Chocolate Cheesecake.

Let's all pray to valen that this doesn't happen I don't know what would happen to B5 if rangers doesn't do well .Let the word spread

------------------

Yes, we can only hope and pray.

But there is a hope, there is always a hope.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I agree with you all. Heh - if Rangers fails, it might be the end of the B5 series, it might not. But you gotta understand - Joe did what he said he would. He made B5. Anything else is salad dressing.

Now, I hope to consume copious amounts of salad dressing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Channe, sounds as if you've been to my Whitestar Salad Bar in the off topic member's lounge.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

I remember Dylan saying that if Scifi doesn't pick up Rangers, Warner Bros. would shop it around. That is an encouraging thought. Someone else here also pointed out that it would look silly for someone else to make a series out of a movie that was produced by Scifi. That also seems encouraging to me. I think they would be silly to not pick it up. Then again, worse things have been done by TV execs, but I still think it would be wrong for them not to pick it up.

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

if rangers fails it will probly be the end of Babylon 5.... lets face it 1 caned seriese n one bad teli movie wouldent go down to well with most placeses... though there might be a few more "rays of hope" but by the time it would happen most of the actors would be snaped up..... not nice stuff to think about.

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprissioned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power goverments and tirants and armies Cannot stand... The centuri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

[This message has been edited by Cleron (edited October 15, 2001).]

Hi, RW. How have you been? Anyhow, I know that some shows move from tv station to tv station. Most die but some survive. (Wasn't Buffy or Angel or something sold to another network? Our own beloved B5 I know was.)

I get the impression that SciFi has a LOT on its plate for 2002. Perhaps they are afraid of overextending themselves too early.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I've also heard that having to come to an agreement over responsibility, credit, budgets, etc., with Warner Brothers (AOL, Time, etc.) makes it more difficult for SciFi than if they had complete control.

I would very much like to see B5LR succeed, and have a new series. After all, it's so tough to find intelligently written television these days!

However, if it does not, JMS will live, Douglas N. will live, the crew and cast will live -- and so will all of us.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

And Warners said that they *will* shop it around, right? That's a good sign.

Of course... that might mean that one or more actors might not be available, 'cause they're all working stiffs like the rest of us and need to eat.

That would be saddening, of course. Especially since I'm soooo intrigued with these characters already!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
However, if it does not, JMS will live, Douglas N. will live, the crew and cast will live -- and so will all of us.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until, of course, we die.
wink.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

Which everyone does, sooner or later.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who walks in the dark places no one may enter, lives for the One, and dies for the chocolate cheesecake.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Which everyone does, sooner or later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speak for yourself. I plan to live forever.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I don't want to live forever. I just want them teaching my novels in English classes until the end of time.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who walks in the dark places no one may enter, lives for the One, and dies for the chocolate cheesecake.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back