• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I sent a letter off to Warner Bros. about the DVD on Dec. 24...

Modane

Regular
and I just got it back today with the big RETURN TO SENDER stamp on it.. It also said Please correspong with Warner Bros. shows & stars at www.warnerbros.comhttp://www.warnerbros.com[/I]
so now what do I do?

here's the address that I sent it to
DVD Department
Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA
(and the zip code is hgihlighted with back marker so I can't see it.)

this is the address that I got off of one of Joe DeMartino's posts so I figured it was correct, but know I don't know what to do.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

So what about some people that don't have internet capabilities? Are we supposed to complain or praise about the DVD's at the top of our lungs and hope they hear us? Maybe I'm not getting it here, but they need to take a closer look at their mail it would seem.

Rommie

------------------
Keeper of Rommie's Quarters
Commanding Officer of Zeta Squadron
Sworn to Protect the GODDESS
Recipient of the Golden Rommie
"You've just started a war. One you're going to lose." Rommie - All Too Human

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommie69:
So what about some people that don't have internet capabilities? Are we supposed to complain or praise about the DVD's at the top of our lungs and hope they hear us? Maybe I'm not getting it here, but they need to take a closer look at their mail it would seem.

Rommie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

Maybe they just don't take Canadian mail there. I don't know, but they should put snail mail addresses on their site so we know where to send stuff when complaining or suggesting or complimenting.

------------------
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Babylon 5

That's the correct address, more or less. I would have put "Warner Home Video" first, followed by DVD Department.

Either your letter inadvertently got directed to the department that handles fan mail for current series, instead of Warner Home Video, or WHV has been so innundated with mail that they're no longer accepting any.
smile.gif

Either way, I find it bizarre and funny. Had the envelope been opened? Otherwise who could they determine that it wasn't a check, or a contract or something else they'd definitely want to read? I can't imagine any American corporation, even one as frequently clueless as Warner Bros., simply stamping a letter and returning it unread.

OTOH, this may be a side-effect of the anthrax scare. Maybe they do return mail from unrecognized return addresses. Hollywood has been especially paranoid about anthrax - not surprising when you consider that people there probably routinely received envelopes containing white powdery substances prior to September 11th.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Or it could be something so mundane as they laid off most of the Mail Room to cut expenses so they could afford to keep paying for the executive mistress pool.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
That's the correct address, more or less. I would have put "Warner Home Video" first, followed by DVD Department.

Either your letter inadvertently got directed to the department that handles fan mail for current series, instead of Warner Home Video, or WHV has been so innundated with mail that they're no longer accepting any.
smile.gif

Either way, I find it bizarre and funny. Had the envelope been opened? Otherwise who could they determine that it wasn't a check, or a contract or something else they'd definitely want to read? I can't imagine any American corporation, even one as frequently clueless as Warner Bros., simply stamping a letter and returning it unread.

OTOH, this may be a side-effect of the anthrax scare. Maybe they do return mail from unrecognized return addresses. Hollywood has been especially paranoid about anthrax - not surprising when you consider that people there probably routinely received envelopes containing white powdery substances prior to September 11th.

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope it wasn't opened as far as I could tell and it was way to thin to be carrying any anthrax.
It was probably just a mess-up with an incompetent employee in the mail room at Warner Bros. and it got sent to The WB network offices instead of the WHV offices.

I doubt that the arranging of DVD Department and Warner Home Video would have made any difference though.

------------------
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Babylon 5

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Modane:
and it was way to thin to be carrying any anthrax.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know that, but do the employees at WB know that? Doubtful
tongue.gif

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>...it was way to thin to be carrying any anthrax.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

????

The rash of letter-borne anthrax attacks has used spores ground to an incredibly fine powder. How "thick" do you think an envelope needs to be to contain something like that. Try putting some talcum powder into an envelope - does it make it thicker?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I doubt that the arranging of DVD Department and Warner Home Video would have made any difference though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I suspect it would have. sorters work off the first line first, and so seeing a department, rather than a company name (Warner Home Video) probably got it routed to the wrong place to begin with, and then the fun began. (All mail for Warner Bros. goes through the 4000 Warner Blvd. address because that's where the main mailroom is, then it gets routed to the different independent feifdoms like Home Video and Domestic Television.)

And a lot of places, especially news organizations, aren't accepting snail mail or packages at their published addresses for fear of anthrax. (Presumably they've setup off-site mailing addresses and given them to people they do business with.) The studios may have followed suit - but I must say that a letter I sent in early December has not come back. (Of course, by this time they probably recognize my return address, and may have decided that I may be a crank, but I'm not likely a terrorist.
smile.gif
)

Next time try addressing your letter to an individual. I think Mike Saksa is still VP for U.S. Marketing over there. If he isn't, the letter should go to whoever replaced him.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> anthrax attacks has used spores ground to an incredibly fine powder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Fine Powder is just that. A very fine Powder. Evidently, what happens is that, without the Powder, the spores clump together or something. Or maybe they just stick to the surface of the paper.

With the Powder, they stick to the grains of powder instead of the paper.
When the envelope is opened, the powder usually gets blown into the air as Dust.
It's so light and fine that it stays in the air a long time giving people plenty of time to breathe it.
And Air conditioning systems plenty of time to blow it all over the building so that More people can have an opportunity to breathe it.

It's an Ugly weapon.

And, it's virtually certain now that whoever mailed it was probably a Home Grown whacko.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Back