• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

i just realized something

AerynSun

Regular
on b5, s4, there's an ep. called 'endgame'. the last ep. of st:voy is also called 'endgame'. coincidence, or something more?

Endgame is a term from chess that has made its way into wider usage, so I think it is not precisely a coincidence, but both taking it from the primary source.

from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dictionary.com>www.dictionary.com</a> :

end·game also end game Pronunciation Key (ndgm)
n.

1. Games. The final stage of a chess game after most of the pieces have been removed from the board.
2. The final stage of an extended process or course of events: the diplomatic endgame that led to the treaty.

Ro

And it was also the end of the Xfiles episodes. Endgame is a pretty commonly used title these days it seems...

It is also the name of the fourth Highlander movie. Not knowing anything about chess, I never realized where the word came from before. That's cool!

It's going to start getting a little redundant after a while. You'd think that they could figure up another word to end a series. But if the shoe fits..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rommie

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back