• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I Have My DVD Boxset!

gkarfan

Beyond the rim
I got it at Wal-Mart for less than $80 (which is good because I also want the CD boxset of the music from Cowboy Bebop, & since it's a Japanese import, it's not cheap). The cover is nice, & there are comments from JMS & Doug Netter. There is also a new documentary, Back to Babylon 5. I really want to see *that*!

So, who else has theirs?

Tammy

Not me I am afraid I ordered mine from Walmart and still haven't received it. *sigh* I have waited this long I can wait some more. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Took an "early" lunch today and got mine too. I'm so excited. Bought it at Best Buy for $79.99. Unfortunately, my boss saw me bring it in and told me he better not see the shrink wrap removed. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I left school to go get mine... I didn't miss anything though... atleast I don't think I did... I came back when I was done. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Really I didn't miss anything. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wanted to get Band of Brothers and the new TNG season but I didn't have enough money on me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll get them later though. I'll be busy this week with my B5 DVDs.

Antony, sorry I didn't get mine through your site but I just can't take waiting for those fools to ship it to me. I takes way to long. I just went out and bought it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm petitioning my local independent video store to get it so I can rent it and NOT spend half of a week's salary on something I already have in VHS.

I ordered my copy from Deep Discount DVD, and much to my surprise received them yesterday. Hooray!

I, too, am eager to see the new material. I wish I had the time to sit down and watch the season all weekend, but pressing real world obligations are bound to interfere. I also hope that subsequent seasons will have more bonus material from the creators and actors, but as many on the board have said already, it's such a hassle that it doesn't seem likely. Still, the episodes are a treasure in and of themselves.

The absolute sweetness of having this set of dvds is incredible. From the moment season one concluded way back in '94 I have been salivating at the thought of owning the program. Thanks to TNT (albeit, short lived thanks <coughCrusadecough>) I was able to get the series on VHS, but I rarely watched it to preserve them as long as I could. Now I have them with an unlimited amount of viewing!! My happiness is almost painful.

It's been such a long wait for the show, I'd like to savor the moment for as long as I can.

>!<
RADAR

I still await the delivery from Amazon.

I was in Best Buy today and saw it on the shelf. It gave me a chubby.

I don't know what to say to that, GKE...

I'm trying to avoid all DVD stores. DVD stores are bad. DVD stores have B5 in them. If I see it, I might buy it. And that would be bad. Aaahhhhh...

Buy it and support the release of Seasons 2-5. Screw that renting crap. You can make $80 fly, I know you can. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I buy it, I'll buy it in December. I just spent three-quarters of my October salary on fixing various car problems. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got mine too and just threw in disc's 1, 4 & 6 just to see and hear most of the extras, I really like the Babylon 5 Virtual Tour on disc 6, it's all information I already knew about races, ships, personel and the station but it's really cool having it all in one place now and accessible to show anyone who might not know....
I also like the Koenig & Back to Babylon 5 documentaries as well as the Jerry Doyle stuff, that guy would be a stitch to "run" with...hell it looked like they would all be....

BTW, my copy cost $61.84 total ($54.99 for the set & $ 6.85 S&H) from northamericandvd.com, seems they mailed it on the 1st and it arrived today....

I have mine on order - don't have it in hand yet. I got mine REALLY cheap - $24.99. It's on order through Amazon.com - and their free shipping usually delays things a few days. However, since I got such a good price, I'm not complaining - I can wait a few days to save $50.

Before folks freak out and ask how I got it so cheap, my credit card is through Yahoo, and their points program allows me to turn in points for Gift Certificates, so I turned in 5,000 points and got a $50 gift certificate, so I only had to pay $24.99 (no shipping).

Will be nice to have, although I wish they started with Season 4 first. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have watched the first 4 discs(16 episodes) and i must say this is the best quality we have ever seen B5. The double bar problem from Region 2 on And The Stars... is not a problem on Region 1's. I Had a marathon today of the dvd's but alas i have some other stuff to do so i cant finish today. Tommorow is another day :)

capt

Good deal! It beats mine of just over $50 (includes shipping). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Mine is on order from Amazon.ca and since the Canadian version ships next week, I will just have to wait. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have to wait till Christmas, since it was on my Christmas list. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I got mine yesterday, I left school to get it too! But it was during a break /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif By the way it rocks... I'm generally very happy with it. But I'm going to post some thoughts in a new thread.

I finally have my set !!!!!!!!!Whoohoo!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mine didn't come in the mail yet. I saw it in the store yesterday but I couldn't get it because I had pre-ordered already. But it's not here! Argh! Why, oh why do you mock me like this, cruel fate!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back