• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How does one navigate the scifi.com boards?

Zoriah

Beyond the rim
People have discussed threads now and again at scifi.com, and I understand there is a strong B5 community there, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to find that community.

I've used a search with keywords, but always got at least 800 results. Is there some trick to it?

I hate the way the boards are there, so chaotic compared to the nice orderly setup here
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Zoriah (edited July 02, 2001).]

No kidding! I went there yesterday and found it very fragmented. I'll check back here later to see if anyone can answer your question. I finally decided to stop trying, it wasn't going to be worth the time!

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Thanks, Chris S. That DOES narrow things down nicely.
laugh.gif
Thanks, you are super!

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Very carefully.

Sorry, couldn't pass it up.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

To the hell with scifi.com. I found that place before I found this site. I tried to register, but I never got a confirmation number and I can't post. Looking like some dufus who never used a computer before, I had my friends e-mail me to make sure it was working. After lurking there for a couple of days I saw someone bitch about this site, so now I'm here. The end.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Scifi's boards leave much to be desired. The navigation can be confusing, but here are the main points:

The Babylon 5 board is under the board category "TV," in the section "SCI FI Channel." To view an article, click on its title. To email the author, click on their handle. (That's only if they provided the option to do so.)

Below the most current articles are the page numbers. Each page holds roughly 40 articles (at least on my screen). Last time I checked, I believe the entire board contained about 4450 articles.

Under the page numbers, are topics. On the left is a link to the board previous to the official B5 board, and on the right is another user-created board link. To post a new article, go clear to the bottom of the page and click "Post new article." When reading an article, and you wish to reply, go to the bottom of the article's main page and click "Reply."

I probably just spouted a bunch of stuff you already knew, but I figured I'd get it all out in the open
tongue.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back