• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How do u pronouonce "Taratimude"?

Cern

Regular
How do u pronouonce \"Taratimude\"?

Tah-Rah-Tim-Mewd

or

Tah-Rah-Tim-Mew-Day

shocked.gif

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Re: How do u pronouonce \"Taratimude\"?

I have never actually thought about the issue... but when I first saw the word, I somehow thought it would be pronounced in the first way you mentioned.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

...or it could be:

Tuh-Rat-Uh-Mewd

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Tah-Rah-Tim-Mewd

or
Tah-Rah-Tim-Mew-Day
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cern, you appear to be adding an extra "m" in there. Can't have the same letter in two different syllables.
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

tuh-ra-ti-mewd is hwo I've always pronounced it.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

Ta as in ta-da!.

Ra as in rat.

Ti as in tick.

Mude as mood.

------------------
The views expressed in this posting do not reflect in a mirror.

cool.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

I agree with JG.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

Taratimude

I always thought it was:
"tear-a-t-mud"
* * * * | *|
* * * * | *long u (as in dude)
* * * * |
* * * * short t (as in tack)

(edit note: it took out my spaces!?)
------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

[This message has been edited by SamGadsby (edited October 05, 2001).]

I've been pronouncing it the way Jg has as well. I think the best thing we should do is ask Jeanne.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Ta as in ta-da!.
Ra as in rat.
Ti as in tick.
Mude as mood.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been pronouncing this way.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.