• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How do I get my R2 "And the sky..." DVD replaced?

The_One

Regular
How do I get my R2 \"And the sky...\" DVD replaced?

Since Warner seem to be replacing the DVDs they cocked up in the shops, does anyone know if it's possible for those of us who have already bought the set to get this disc replaced?

Since I'll be keeping this set until the day I die (or unless it gets put on the next big format) - I want a decent copy of it. So, does anyone have any idea who I can contact to get a replacement?

Thanks

Re: How do I get my R2 \"And the sky...\" DVD replaced?

Contact your retailer. They should have the information on any replacement program that exists.

Regards,

Joe

Are you sure Warner haven't set up their own replacement service? Play.com aren't too good on replacements...

Are you sure Warner haven't set up their own replacement service?

For a manufacturing defect like this, they probably have. But they would either run it through their retailers (which is where people tend to take defective products) or provide the information to them so they can pass it on to their customers. How else would Warner Bros. organize this? They don't know who bought the discs. They're not going to run newspaper to TV ads looking for people who purchased them. (Too expensive, too likely to miss people, publicizes a screw-up.) Best bet - either have the retailers take the returns and provide no charge replacements or give the retailers the contact information that consumers will need to get the problem resolved. Either way, the vendor is the place to start.

Regards,

Joe

I can't find the original thread about the ratio problem on R2, but is the ratio messed up for the whole episode? I've just got my set and decided to watch "And the sky..." first to see whether I had the problem. It appears that for most of the episode the ratio is fine but certain scenes look stretched and a little blurred (I'm not referring to any CGI shots btw).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back