• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HK Cinema

zantarous

Regular
Seeing as we discuss mostly western cinema here I thought I would draw your attention to some Hong Kong gems that I have come across. To be honest I did not even know that such cool movies were out there.

Infernal Affairs:

This movie really makes me think that HK cinema can now compete with Hollywood. The production is top notch and boast a good DTS track. It is about a undercover cop as a mole in the triad and a triad member as an undercover cop. I was absolutly gripped for the 100 or so minutes that it was on for. Loved it.

Hero:

Now this movie kicked ass. It has been compared to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It is very similar but very different. This has a stunning DTS track and is beautifully filmed. The film is set in ancient China, were a unknown warrior tells the Emperor how he defeated three assassins who have been trying to kill him for years. However the Emperor has his own version of the truth. This one twist and turns and turns some more. It stars Jet Li and the reall nice looking girl from Crouching Tiger.

Shaolin Soccer

This has got to be the funniest movie I have seen EVER. There is no gross out humour, no sexual inuendo and not a swear word in sight just some of the most funniest use of CGI ever. Imagine a soccer team using Kung Fu. Again as with a lot of R3 films this also boasts a stunning DTS track. All three movies are worth checking out and once you have seen these three you will be gaging for more.

I am thinking of getting Ping Pong so if anyone has seen it let me know if its any good.

Shaolin Soccer

This has got to be the funniest movie I have seen EVER. There is no gross out humour, no sexual inuendo and not a swear word in sight just some of the most funniest use of CGI ever. Imagine a soccer team using Kung Fu.
Despite my version of the film being in Cantonese I actually found it really funny. My dad found it funnier since he can speak Cantonese. Apparently it was supposed to be a serious film.

I've been watching Cantonese serials and movies ever since I could remember
Actually,these are not the only shows that are good to watch....there are others....I liked Infernal Affairs..It's not bad,there's another show with a similar story< i don't remember what's it called
As for Soalin Soccer,well,Steven Chau is the HK king of comedy,so duh,of course it's funny
For now,there's this new movie called The Twins Effect I haven't watched it yet but I hear it's good,they have some pretty big HK names on it...It's about Vampires :devil:

Hero?Oh come on!

So your nopt a fan of Hero?

This movie had me on the edge of my seat till the end. The viewer is never sure if the Emperor is going to be killed or not. Great movie and excellent action.

Shaolin Soccer is hilarious. And Hero is just simply awesome. I want to see the 2 hour director's cut!

Back