• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hi, everyone!

Hrothgar

How's it going all?

My name is Mike. I'm 30. I just started watching Babylon 5 a year ago and I must say, I'm totally impressed! This whole series is like one BIG story! I whsh more TV had stories like that! I see they have made some TV movies and a couple of spin-offs. When and where can I watch them? Anyone know?

To answer "Where can I see more?" we would have to know which country you live in.

In the UK all the episodes and all but one of the movies have been issued on VHS cassettes.

DVDs containing Season 1, the movies "The Gathering" (pilot) and "In the Beginning" have been released. Season 2 cones out in a few weeks time.

When and where can I watch them? Anyone know?

By blind luck (I assume), you've come in at just the right time. Tomorrow (as I post this), the Sci-Fi Channel in the US is showing several of the movies. (Times listed are ET/PT).

11 AM -- Thirdspace. (Stand-alone movie produced after Season 4.)
1 PM -- River of Souls. (Stand-alone movie produced after Season 5.)
3 PM -- Legend of the Rangers. (Pilot for proposed spin-off series which was not picked up.)

And then, a bit later...
3 AM (on Monday morning, technically) -- The Gathering. (Pilot for B5 series.)

(The movies you won't be seeing, "In the Beginning" and "A Call to Arms", are generally better regarded than the ones being shown tomorrow, but that's life.)

On May 27 at 11 AM ET/PT, you'll be able to see 5 hour-long episodes of Crusade, the spin-off series. (You just missed another 5 on May 1.) Be careful, though... one of them is "War Zone", which is not generally considered worth watching and was only even made for extremely complicated and unpleasant reasons which I'm not going to get into right now...

Happy viewing...

I think that one important question is "how much have you seen?" Because many of the movies will make zero sense if you haven't seen a fair ammount already. Because B5 is one giant story, you can come in on the middle, but it'll make much less sense.

Yup, I've see all of the episodes. Some Excellent, some pretty cheesy. Just haven't seen any of the movies or Crusade.

HI, MIKE ^_^!!!! kewl to know you like babylon 5 ^_^! i'm actually pretty new to it too :)! It just caught my attention a couple of months ago, so i still haven't seen all eps x.x (though i think i've seen more of what i've bargain for due to spoilers o_O). Since i live in the Philippines, i'm not sure where you can watch it in the US >.<...sorry if i can't help you out with that :(. The good news though, is that the DVDS are finally being released ^_^! WOOHOO!!! see ya' ^_^

Warzone? never heard of it.

Just briefly, it's the first-aired episode of Crusade, produced when TNT belatedly decided that they wanted an "introductory" episode (separate from the B5 movie "A Call to Arms", which leads pretty directly into the Crusade series).

It looks very much like something JMS really didn't want to write...

You sound just like me when I started watching. :) The Movies "The Gathering" and "In the Begining" are avalible on DVD.

Watching "Legend of the Rangers" on Sci-fi right now. I'll give it anouther 1/2 hour. If it doesn't get any better, I'll switch to CNN or something.

...and if they say, "we live for the one, we die for the one" one more time...! :mad:

whoa...LoTR's been getting negative reviews lately (and from what i've been hearing, not much viewers too @.@). but then, i haven't seen it yet, so i still can't give it my final judgement ^_^. anyway, uhm...enjoy the show ^_^ (let's just hope it does get better :)).

*checks out the other LoTR thread*

Eh, I liked the Rangers movie (but then, I didn't even have low expectations when I finally saw it... after all the negative opinions about it, I had no expectations at all!), for what it's worth. :D Not deep, not perfect by any means, but still fun.

Of course, it had G'Kar in it. :D Which in itself means I had to enjoy at least parts of it.

there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

The crew, I more or less hated. The chief weapons officer and the retarded idea of some chamber she had to get into to fire the weapons..."better"? What would have happend if she hit her head in there?

Only character I liked was the Minbari first officer. Great sense of humor, even for a Minbari!

That huge flying metal box was called "Valen"???

So, this new race was vastly superior to the Shadows? I didn't see it.

I loved the new jump point!

there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Pretty much.

The crew, I more or less hated. The chief weapons officer and the retarded idea of some chamber she had to get into to fire the weapons..."better"? What would have happend if she hit her head in there?

Not many liked that part. I can't stand to watch the minefield clearing sequence.

Only character I liked was the Minbari first officer. Great sense of humor, even for a Minbari!

I also liked the Narn engineer, and the Minbari Healer.

That huge flying metal box was called "Valen"???

JMS Comments on The Valen

So, this new race was vastly superior to the Shadows? I didn't see it.

Some of JMS' Answers to My TLaDiS Questions

ps. The answer about the shot not being there is wrong. Dulann-Kafta Clip

B5:LotR Ships 1

B5:LotR Ships 2

I loved the new jump point!

I thought it needed more color, like the Crusade jumppoints.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back