• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hey, I got mine too...here in Brazil.

milenium3

Almir, here.
I'm writing from home, that's why I'm using another nick.
I am very excited. I never had any hope to got.
But once again Scifi Channel shows to B5 fans how serious they are about this movie.
I got my t-shirt in the mail today and I couldn't believe it. Even with a letter inside the package saying that THEY are excited that I agreed to wear the T-shirt.
Is this respect to the public or what?
I'm wearing already as I write.
They really mean what they say about promotion to show so far.

The only difference is that The Lord of the Rings opens January 1st down here.
But you can bet I'll be wearing it in the opening day.

THANK YOU SCIFI!!!!!

Almir

------------------

Kewl, Almir.

What a nice thing for them to do.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Very nice indeed, if just I could get one of those.. But there's no hope.. They don't deliver them here in Finland
laugh.gif

------------------
Logical thinking - Perfect weapon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GeoKuutio:
Very nice indeed, if just I could get one of those.. But there's no hope.. They don't deliver them here in Finland
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh I didn't know they even delivered to brazil!

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

What do you mean "here in Brazil" and "even in Brazil"?

As if it was some unreachable place. I've been buying B5 books since they started and I received all of them without a single problem.

I also noticed B5 fans from all over the world and they have been buying B5 stuff too, so lets stop thinking that who does not live in USA or UK have monkeys and snakes walking down the street.

There is no intention to turn this into a harsh tread, I just thought I should clarify a few things.

Now to the topic: say, Almir or anyone else, what did you do to get it?

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

If I understood Almir correctly, he means one of the free Sci Fi promotion shirts.

Since the Jan 19 airing is only in the US (right?) they might have decided that they only wanted to send them stateside.

But they didn't.
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vorlon:

As if it was some unreachable place. I've been buying B5 books since they started and I received all of them without a single problem.

That's not the point. I've been buying not only books (a few rare ones, also), but calendars, t-shirts, a beautiful b5 jacket, even a shadow watch and EA mousepad among other things. But this was different. It was (at least I thought)a US promotion because the movie will be released only in the US territory on January 19th. And the T-shirt is for free. I didn't even have to pay for the S&H thing. Even I am surprised.

I also noticed B5 fans from all over the world and they have been buying B5 stuff too, so lets stop thinking that who does not live in USA or UK have monkeys and snakes walking down the street.

Wow, take it easy bro. I might agree with you that this happens in other fields, but in this board I never noticed this kind of observation.

Now to the topic: say, Almir or anyone else, what did you do to get it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read it again, friend. The so-talk-about T-shirt.
BTW, what state are you from?
smile.gif

Almir

------------------

I screwed up the last post.
I'm sorry, Vorlon.
The 3rd and the 5th paragraph were my replies.
frown.gif

Almir

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vorlon:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that, it's that the first poster was saying how he received one of the B5LR t-shirts from scifi...

And we all beleived that the shirts were just been sent to people in the USA as that is what the t-shirt is promoting B5LR for the 19 Jan on the USA sci fi channel.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> we all beleived that the shirts were just been sent to people in the USA <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always possible that the shirt was sent by a Geographic Knowledge Challenged clerk in the mail room.

These days, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out someone at SciFi thinks Brazil is just to the west of Ohio.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
It's always possible that the shirt was sent by a Geographic Knowledge Challenged clerk in the mail room.

These days, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out someone at SciFi thinks Brazil is just to the west of Ohio.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's possibly. Never underestimate the geographically challenged.

However, given that the mailing rates are different for international and domestic packages, I think it's likelier that they were going for a slightly different PR angle and/or somebody was just being nice to a fan.

At any rate, bravo Almir for asking even when you thought the answer would surely be no, and kudos to the SciFi ite who sent that pkg off.

Ro

------------------

Well there is the story of the American telephone opperator for the Atlanta Olympics who told someone from New Mexico that if they wanted tickets they would have to go through their own country.
mad.gif

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I am going to start my answer saying I'm sorry.

Re-reading my previous message I noticed that it sounded too harsh. As I said, that was not my intention, again, sorry. I think I overeacted a bit.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>BTW, what state are you from? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rio Grande do Sul. Você acha que exagerei? No sala de chat já me perguntaram se temos eletricidade aqui.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Re-reading my previous message I noticed that it sounded too harsh. As I said, that was not my intention, again, sorry. I think I overeacted a bit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, Vorlon. I can understand some sensitivity on that point.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------

DAmmit! Am I the only one that doesn't get anything? No movie, no t-shirt, I constantly get ignored by cast members who all seem to hate me for some reason. I always get shafted like this!
smile.gif

------------------
When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing - Anonymous
You can't have everything.... Where would you put it? - Stephen Wright
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action - Anonymous

Concentrate on figuring out the 'for some reason' part.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No stress we all get edgy at times it is life.

I love how we all have somthing in common here B5 and a great communitee

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Rio Grande do Sul. Você acha que exagerei? No sala de chat já me perguntaram se temos eletricidade aqui.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the feeling, believe me.
I lived 4 years up there.

Hey, email me if you want and we can do a little chat in portuguese about B5 and the Rangers.

milenium@sili.com.br

Almir

------------------

If you want to earn your tee shirt you can organize a human-interest story for USA reporters in Brazil. The Economist will have a journalist there and possibly the New York Times. The French takeover of the company that own Sci-Fi may make the newspapers interested in the side effects in Brazil.

The Brazilian newspapers and TV may also be interested; particularly the channel that broadcasts Babylon 5.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Hey, Andrew, I'm reeealy sorry, man, but... I don't have any idea what are you talking about.

Oh and by the way, I already got the tee.
wink.gif

Almir

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back