• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Here's one: What holds the links to the back of the hand?

Valen2k1

Beyond the rim
Here\'s one: What holds the links to the back of the hand?

I'm sure in real life it's some sort of double faced tape. What what holds 'em on there in the B5 universe? Some sort of bio-mimetic adhesive superduper DNA encoded poly-dura peptide?

Seriously, is it ever explained?

Oh, and if anyone has a nice clean WAV of the link sound, I'd like it for my ICQ...
smile.gif
paddyb2k@msn.com

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

Re: Here\'s one: What holds the links to the back of the hand?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Some sort of bio-mimetic adhesive superduper DNA encoded poly-dura peptide?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, yes.
laugh.gif

And it is discussed in the series a couple of times, including once when someone discovers that a link's been tampered with precisely because it has a conventional adhesive on it.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

mmm..... bio-mimeticky...
laugh.gif

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

LOL! I figured that was the sci-fi method! I was waiting for somebody to say, "Don't you notice the jars of rubber cement all over the place?"

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

try the down below sound archive for the link sound.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Valen2k1:
What what holds 'em on there in the B5 universe? Some sort of bio-mimetic adhesive superduper DNA encoded poly-dura peptide?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They call it molecular bonding IIRC.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back