• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello

Well my friends it looks like we've come to the end of the road. I must admit I've been prepared for this for quite awhile now, and have been close to signing on with a variety of other pilots over the last two months. I've been in regular touch with Doug Netter these past few weeks, particularly when it looked like I might be joining this or that pilot, and he has always been such a gentleman by sharing whatever information he had about Rangers. I've also recently said my farewells to Joe, and wished him continued success with all his present and future projects. We hope to be able to work together again in the not to distant future.

I want everyone here to know how grateful the entire cast feels about the unconditional suppport and encouragement we have received from the posters here at b5lr.com and other sites as well this past year. It was a great pleasure for all of us to work together on Rangers, and to have collaberated with JMS and Doug, and of course to interact with everyone here. It has truly been a memorable experience.

I personally want to thank all of those who took time out of their busy lives to campaign on behalf of the show, your efforts were and still are greatly appreciated by all of us involoved with this production. Your loyalty and tenacity meant a great deal to Joe I'm sure, you should all be very proud of yourselves.

Of course there are many good things to have come out of this past year. All of us on the cast have become good friends and stay in touch regularly, regardless of our schedules and locales. I'm sure many who post here have found new friends or at least new combatants in their shared love of all things B5. I'm grateful to have met such talented and decent people like Joe and Doug and all the many other individuals involved in putting Rangers together, we really were a family.

I think we all also need to give a very large thank you to Antony for providing such a professional and well organized site for all of us to sound off these past twelve months. It looks like the site is sticking around, so I expect there will be many more discussions on this mystical world of Joe's and many more votes on who liked and disliked those pod sequences...

I'm sure some of the cast may poke their heads in every once in a while and see what's up. I've really enjoyed my time here at b5lr, you all made this newbie very welcome and comfortable from the very beginning and I thank you for that.

This project was special for all the actors and for a variety of reasons I think. We all gave 100% of ourselves, and while you can't please everyone, I think those involved in Rangers, both in front of and behind the camera, are proud of our association with this project and will take away with us many fond memories.

Again thank you all for your support. Who knows what the future holds...

Best wishes,
Dylan

Until we meet again Dylan. It was a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the cast. It's a bloody shme what turn sci-fi is taken. A most sincere good luck to you and happy travels to all!

Dylan,

A big thanks to you and the rest of the cast for becoming part of the B5 universe. We fans have enjoyed posting here with you, seeing you in Scifi.com's chats, and just getting to know you a bit. You are great people, and great actors. It was gracious of you to make the effort to get to know all us B5 crazy fans, and we are grateful for that. Thanks for the ride. It was great!

I hope we can still see you and the other cast members popping in here from time to time. I, and the rest of us here I am sure, would love to keep in touch with all of you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Rangers will always live on in our hearts, even if it does not live on in a TV series. Thanks again for everything.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif And remember: B5 endures!

Thanks for the kind words.

Rest assured this experience wasn't a new one to just you cast members. This is the first time I have ever been on a Bulletin Board, especially with cast members of a movie, and it has been a memerable experience. I think you all added a lot to our enjoyment of the movie, and have made things fun. It's a shame things didnt work out better, but its not a perfect world. Thanks for dropping by and wishing us well. Good luck to you and the rest of the cast in all of your futures.

I think everyone here has also been good about thanking Antony. I have visited other sites, including the Sci-Fi.com Rangers site, but this one is home and by far the best. Thanks for all your hard work.

And to the rest of you, I know I will be sticking around. Antony does plan on keeping the site up, which is great. I've made some friends here, enjoyed discussing B5, Rangers, Crusade, and just about any other topic that comes up. We do have Jeremiah from the world of JMS to enjoy as well. And who knows, we never know what the future holds. At some point perhaps Rangers will get the shot it deserves. If not, then its been one to remember. Thanks.

Dylan, do you know if JMS & Netter plan to do something else with B5? The fans still want more!

Tammy

Dylan,
Thanks for you the rest of the cast giving us an excellent telemovie. Too bad SciFi Channel is blind to the large fan base for the B5 universe, or decided B5 fans will continue to watch whatever junk they want to show no matter what, so didn't go with a Rangers series. I suspect this will hurt them in the future.

But enough of "what was or might of been," best wishes to you and the rest of the cast in your future endeavors.

Today, I informed the Rangers contingent in my area about the sad news; there was much gnashing of teeth, sackcloth, and ashes. Or - at least the metaphorical kind. It was a melancholy moment; the kind you always get when potential's lost.

Dylan, it's been great having you and the other cast members here at the board. And it's been great being able to really dig into this with some of SF's finest fans, to repeat what I said in the JMS Speaks thread.

Cast and crew - I think you all should definitely be proud of what you did with Rangers. Nothing's perfect. But you made me laugh, you made me grin, and you brought me into the B5 universe again and made me believe it (even if the Nials did fly backwards and Babylon 5 was a bit fuzzy). Thanks. Thanks a lot. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

We all hope you work with JMS again, and soon - because we'd be tickled pink to see you on Jeremiah. Either way, drop by to inform us if you've accepted a pilot, and that goes for all the actors. We'll be watching. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Wait, does that mean that this site just lost it's purpose and reason for being?
Nahh!
I'll keep it alive, from now on, anyone that wants to see me hit on Channe can come here and watch. It may not be a series by JMS, but it's something /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Well, comic relief is supposed to help bad situations, or atleast it used to.

Goodbye Dylan, I'd ask you to visit often, but I know that's a lot easier said than done, so I'm just glad that you did managed to come here when you did.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by solaris5:
<font color=yellow>Wait, does that mean that this site just lost it's purpose and reason for being?
Nahh!
I'll keep it alive, from now on, anyone that wants to see me hit on Channe can come here and watch. It may not be a series by JMS, but it's something /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Proper grammar and content would be: "I'll keep it alive! From now on, anyone that wants to see me pulverized by Channe can come here and watch." (And, as everyone knows, I *am* this site's purpose and reason for being). Just kidding...

Ahh. I'm gonna miss Rangers... gonna miss all the stories that could have been told...

Thank you for taking the time to interact with us. Speaking for myself it added a special level to the film.
And be sure to let us know how your career develops, you are officially part of the B5 family now and we want to keep up with your news /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I don't really have much to add, so I'll keep this brief: thanks, Dylan, and all the rest of the cast and crew of Legend of the Rangers, for all your input and enthusiasm. It's a pity that things went the way they did, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

The best of luck to all of you with your lives and careers, and I'm sure most of us here will follow your future work, whatever the genre, with interest. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif You've all made a bunch of loyal fans here, so that's one more good thing that came out of the telemovie.

As for this site - I dare say it's been a great experience for all of us, and it will continue. After all, even though the B5 universe may not have much new things going on at present, we're all here because we loved the show, and this setback, however much it may hurt, won't change that.

Thanks for dropping by. It's been a novel experience talking with cast members and it certainly brightened up my day. Please let us know if you get a new series, and we'll put it on our "must watch" list.

Best wishes to you and all the other members of the cast.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do, Dylan. Thanks for dropping in and interacting with us fans from time to time. I hope you still do sometimes. Sorry the series didn't work out.

Best of luck in the future, hope good things go your way. It's now fair; a show with so much to offer and destroyed by a football game and Warner/Scifi not being able to work out a deal. It's quite a shame! Here hoping for the best for you and the rest of the cast.

Good luck in the future and thinks for coming to this board and keeping up informed.

Good luck,

Cerberus

Dylan, at the end of the day, all you can do is know you did your best, and were honest with your work. I hope you feel nothing but pride in the project and, specifically, your own performance. I'm not one to kiss ass, but you were pretty righteous as Capt. Martel. No shit. If people didn't dig it, that's their goddamn problem.

Let us know when (not if) you get another job- you know you're guaranteed an enthusiastic audience here.

Oh Mighty GKE, I would have a hard time finding anyone who criticized his performance in TLADIS. I think Myriam got the brunt of that. I saw more fainting for him than anything!

He was very popular in the threads, IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>I saw more fainting for him than anything!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Hypatia, quit talking about me! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

No, really, I agree with GKE - Martel was just great! Dylan really succeeded in creating a character. It's really a shame we'll never get to see more!!!

Back