• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hardly Enterprising

ElScorcho

Regular
Now that Farscape is gone and Andromeda is sliding downhill, I figured I might give Enterprise another shot. I gave up on it rather early in the first year and haven't watched an entire episode until this week.

And it seemed to me to just be a rewrite of TNG's "The Next Phase" where Geordi and Ro get turned invisible in a transporter accident. The tricky ending employed was what I'd consider now to be a Trek cliche, too.

Now they're bringing in the Borg. Did I miss something? Starfleet NEVER encountered the Borg until Q introduced them to Picard and Co. The producers of Enterprise seem to think that Trek fans are all currently suffering from amnesia.

Maybe William Shatner's right and Star Trek needs to be put to rest. Or at least into hibernation.

Now they're bringing in the Borg. Did I miss something? Starfleet NEVER encountered the Borg until Q introduced them to Picard and Co. The producers of Enterprise seem to think that Trek fans are all currently suffering from amnesia.

Maybe William Shatner's right and Star Trek needs to be put to rest. Or at least into hibernation.

IIRC the Borg went back in time to Earth to the year 2063 in the movie Star Trek, First Contact . I'll bet they try to tie these Borg in as survivors of that time traveling ship. That would be the easy cosmic reset button to press. :D

:LOL:

I read that there are some REALLY big changes coming next year, starting with the cliffhanger at the end of the season. Speculation has been directed toward the characters of Sarek and Kirk(!).

But as for the Borg in First Contact , IIRC there was only one person from that time who actually saw any (I can't remember her name - Lily?) and none of the Borg actually made it to the earth's surface. But I could be wrong. I'm doing that a lot lately.

I want to know why the Federation kept such lousy records. :LOL:

Archer's mission was such a colossal failure it was excised from the record books. Probably for good reason.

Admiral Dave

I keep telling ya. It was the descendants of the Warner Brothers people who lost the B5 (and probably Crusade) CGI. They were in charge of maintaining Federation records, and all that stuff was just "lost." Poof! :devil:

I think KoshN's explanation is the funniest. :D

"Hey, let's put these (sets/files/discs) over there by the leaky drain pipe, eh?" :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back