• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Happy New Year -2002

I heard that arsonists may have started the Sydney fires. Some people are just so horrible...

Btw, a lit cigarette thrown out of a car started the fire by my workplace. The wind was blowing so bad that a little cigarette was able to start a huge fire.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Even when I was dumb enough to smoke cigs I was not dumb enough to toss lit ones out of the window. I live in southeast Arizona. The tinderbox of the Western USA.

I'm glad the fires are getting contained. Yes, the poor animals. They can't get aid, they just have to survive if they can. Let's hope you get some rain down there. It's been a long and dry fire season for you, hasn't it?

Speaking of wildlife, I had a quite New Year's Eve. Around midnight (I know, party pooper) I am getting ready for bed, and I open up the shade in my frontroom (kitty likes to go on her kitty perch and look out the window. 5 deer are in my yard.

Now, I live by a highway, though not right by it. There is some wild area, but it's mostly houses here. I think they cross from one mountain to another, and just jump the fences to get into some of the yards here with birdbaths. We have half-fences in the neighborhood.

It tell you, that was a wonderful, weird omen for my New Year's! I was so glad the neighborhood was quiet and didn't scare them off. Just wish my camera had not been in the car!
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

I live close to San Diego, but I work in a town up in the mountains. Sometimes, the wind is very bad up there, so if people aren't careful with things like cigarettes, they can start fires. Luckily, I didn't work the night of the fire. Other workers told me that it was pretty scary. The building was even evacuated. The fire even got on the national news. It was called the Viejas fire.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Yes it is true that arsonists have started some of the fire's around Sydney
frown.gif
very sad.

Actually as of yesturday(didn't relise when I last posted here) the fires have actually picked up again very very bad... Allot of the fires are worse then before many thousands of people ahve been evacuated and many many homed lost.

Last night the wind did bad things and the heat didn't help fires ahve spread.. As I said I am safe where I am but I feel for the people caught in the fires or lost homes etc...

Hopfully things will improve soon.

What a way for allot of Sydney siders to start teh year...

Let us hope the rest of the year is better!

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

A couple years ago when it was Florida with fires, about half were proven to be arson.

They even Caught several of the arsonists.
About half of them were Teenagers looking for a thrill.

They also Arrested a couple hundred people seen tossing cigarettes and cigars out of cars.
If that many smokers were stupid enough to toss their butts with a Cop right behind them, think how many must be doing it every hour of every day.
It's just not possible that All the stupid people have a cop following them around.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

They even Caught several of the arsonists.
About half of them were Teenagers looking for a thrill.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah a few arsonists have already been caught from some of these fire's.... It just an evil thing to do...

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Wow Warren, you were in Japan? How was it? I would love to go there, just as soon as I learn some Japanese. It's the videogame capital of the world!
smile.gif

I know I'm a few days late, but a Happy New Year to everyone here. I didn't do anything at all, it was a very bad week for me and I just didn't feel like celebrating. I went to bed at 9pm New Year's Eve. The good thing about not celebrating is that we still have 6 bottles of sparkling cider for me to get sick on. lol

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back