• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Guess the Season 4 Box Color!

Recoil

Regular
Straightforward enough huh?

My guess is: PURPLE

Post your guesses here, in a week or two we will know who was right! :)

Black would be interesting. Though I'm not sure it could be pulled off. Season 4 has to be the darkest season, but the sets so far have been bright neon-ish colors so I'm going to say pink. The sets being the colors of the the different levels seems too cutsy from an advertising point of view. How do you make grey shiny?

-SnowGlobe

I say either gray, brown, or red. Depending on if season one was supposed to be brown or red. As I see it so far, being red (or brown), blue, and green, so far we've had all colors that are levels on Babylon 5.

You know what I think would be cool? Silver. The background would be black, and the other color would be a shiny silver, insted of green like on the Season 3. :cool:

I say either gray, brown, or red. Depending on if season one was supposed to be brown or red. As I see it so far, being red (or brown), blue, and green, so far we've had all colors that are levels on Babylon 5.

Those are my thoughts as well. I have had this feeling since images of the third set first came out.

Has anyone brought this question forth to JMS, on why the colors have been chosen this way?

Rommie ;)

You know what I think would be cool? Silver. The background would be black, and the other color would be a shiny silver, insted of green like on the Season 3.

I'm prone to think silver/grey, too. Since the arc of season four deals with wars primarily, it seems appropriate.

I'd guess they would save the purple for season five, where Londo and the Centauri get a good bit of the story.

OK,

Regarding some of your color choices (like Silver). Have you set your B5 boxed sets next to each other on a shelf. Just look at the three of them next to each other. Does Silver look like it would look cool next to the current 3? Not to diss you guesses and shit, but it would seem SO out of place. Purple, Yellow, and a couple other colors may look good. Id wager that the colors of the boxed sets were determined before S1 was released, so expect them to look good as a set as you guess.

We will found what color it is when WB annnounces it ;Although I do like the silver color ,purple seems more of a realistic color at least to me .

I don't actually think that any of them *Will* be silver, but I just think it would look cool. For what I think it will be, I have to say what I said before: Purple for season 4, Gold for season 5.

I keep thinking white for season 5 (to go long with the season by season guides) but it doesn't fit the color scheme.

-SnowGlobe

I think it is amusing that people are justifying the color based on what happened in the season. Did any of the previous boxed sets follow that pattern? :p Colors of the station levels is interesting but I don't see them using either Brown or Grey either.

It might be simply that they are just using the basic colors in a color wheel but throwing out the orange because it is too close to the red color they already used. My guess is purple and yellow will be next but I don't know which one will be used first. ;)

11-design-color-color-wheel-basic.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back