• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Grey Council???

Well, you certainly can't trust Wikipedia on anything, because it's user-driven and there's no vetting. I could sign up as an editor and change that article to read that all of the Ranger Ones take the title "Bozo'zha" if I wanted to.

Having said that, both the series and the books agree that "An'la Shok Na" simply means "Ranger One" -- the title that any individual who heads the Rangers takes -- but that "Entil'zha" is only given to certain individuals, and I don't think it was ever revealed to only be specially reserved for Sinclair, Delenn, and Sheridan. Meaning, someone could potentially come along in the future and be given the "Entil'zha" designation.

(And by the way, my license plate reads "ANLA'SHK," with the apostrophe done in black duct tape! :) )

There is vetting on wikipedia, but the designated vets may lack our expertise.

Of course, as far as the run of the mill Minbari knows, there have been four people designated as Entil'zha, since they count Valen and Sinclair as separate people.

That was Lennon, but the question arose because the wikipedia article on this says that every subsequent leader of the Anla'Shok took both titles of Entil'Zha and Anla'Shok Na and i dont remember any reference to this in the series, so where does this info come from????

It's in Wiki, very often not exactly an accurate source. Somebody made an incorrect assumption and posted it.

Jan

Well, you certainly can't trust Wikipedia on anything, because it's user-driven and there's no vetting. I could sign up as an editor and change that article to read that all of the Ranger Ones take the title "Bozo'zha" if I wanted to.

The script books count as a source.

"Sleeping in Light" may say something about this.

It's in Wiki, very often not exactly an accurate source.

Considering the flap we recently had on the moderated newsgroup over imprecise use of terminology, I almost hate to do this, but: "wiki" is actually a generic term that simply denotes an open-editing style of authoring, while "Wikipedia" specifically is one particular website that uses wiki-style authoring. You may now return to your originally-scheduled message board...

I could sign up as an editor and change that article to read that all of the Ranger Ones take the title "Bozo'zha" if I wanted to.

Well if we're being nit-picky, you don't have to register with Wikipedia to edit most articles, you can do it just as a random reader of the page. :^)

The way such a big thing was made about re-using Valen's title of Entil'Zha for the first time in a thousand years, I don't think just any AnlaShok Na would be given the title. It always seemed to me to make sense that Entil'Zha and 'The One' were meant to be connected.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back