• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar Returns!

G\'Kar Returns!

Well, well, well, and will we see Lyta as well? Or has she gone her own way, maybe back to Mars to see Mr. Garabaldi, after all it's been over two years... I thought we'd see Garabaldi back, checking out black projects for Edgars-Garabaldi ala "River of Souls" (or as some call it "Really did Suck'). Ah, perhaps another movie once this one's done.
All this makes me hope JMS doesn't mind that he's created "some deep space franchise" _ahem_ , as I do enjoy the windows he opens uo into the B5 Universe. Crusade is doing bang-up numbers already in its new run on SciFi. Nice to watch the show on a network that really wants it to be there.

------------------
"Babylon 5 Endures"
Brother Zag

Re: G\'Kar Returns!

I noticed two Things in the press releases. First, the way it's worded he could mean the pilot movie takes place 3 years in the future and not the possible series. Secondly, he says "at this point there's one major character from the B5...". Could this mean they are trying to get a few more on board. I hope so.

------------------

Isn't this supposed to start filming shortly? If so, we'll know soon enough, I would think.

That is, of course, it's affected by the pending strikes.

------------------
Joe Siegler
Webmaster - 3D Realms

From what I understand, re: Lyta, apparently the film and series will open *immediately following* the Telepath War, in which, of course, Lyta (and Lennier) perish. This is as close as we've ever come to the timeframe of this particular story since the opening of "Crusade," and it will be very interesting to learn more of the details.

Of course, flashbacks notwithstanding, the Telepath War remains the best story as-yet-untold that the scope of a feature film would lend itself to conveying...and very likely the only way we will be able to see the ENTIRE cast back together again--and not charge enormous "appearance fees" to WB--is in this format, particularly when you consider also that Lennier's end of the storyline still cries out for a resolution, and this is the perfect venue for such an endeavor.

------------------

I think there will be many B5 actors in the new show. I got the distinct impression that Jerry Doyle will (eventually) be either in the series, but maybe the movie. Especially if the actor REALLY wants to be in the film/tv show, I bet JMS would be willing to add them in, if their char was still kickin.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Be careful posting the news about G'Kar being in the movie at other places--I got in trouble at the moderated newsgroup for posting it. Apparently, there are people who want spoiler-warnings & don't want to know yet.

Tammy

------------------

While I would be delighted to see Andreas return to the B5 storyline (B5, B5LR, Crusade, etc.) I'm surprised to hear he might be "the one."

We attended a con (was it Aggy or VOR?) where Andreas expressed *deeply* hurt feelings that he had not heard from JMS and Babylonian Productions since the end of production of B5.

If he does in fact return, JMS must have sent flowers, fruit, spoo, breen and/or big bucks to lure him back.

Koshka

P.S. Nice place you have started here.

------------------
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must be mad or
you wouldn't have come here." (The Cheshire Cat)

/\__/\
,,`'' ( o o ) Meow!
`,, (Y)
,,. / \
'`..( | | )
ww

It was AgamemCon, Koshka--I remember Andreas talking about how he hadn't heard from JMS in awhile.

I'll be at AgamemCon again this year--can't wait to finally meet Peter Jurasik!

Tammy

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Koshka:
We attended a con (was it Aggy or VOR?) where Andreas expressed *deeply* hurt feelings that he had not heard from JMS and Babylonian Productions since the end of production of B5.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To what end? There was nothing being produced, what was the point?

/me is confused.

------------------
Joe Siegler
Webmaster - 3D Realms

Good manners? Caring and compassion?

Crusade?

Either way, that's how he felt.

Koshka

------------------
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must be mad or
you wouldn't have come here." (The Cheshire Cat)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Koshka:
If he does in fact return, JMS must have sent flowers, fruit, spoo, BREEN and/or big bucks to lure him back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have only seen a couple of episodes of B5 so it seems to me that JMS is sending round a humanoid artic wolf species from Star Trek.

------------------
Paquita Maria Sanchez: Your mother ate my dog!
Lionel Cosgrove: Not all of it.

Well I for one am *very* excited that G'kar will be in the new movie. G'kar and Londo were amazing characters and were two of the best characters that have ever been written for TV. It also helped that Andreas and Peter were such wonderful actors. It will be an absolute delight to see G'kar again...it is only a shame that we won't see another fantastic scene with Londo.

As for Lyta coming back...I don't think Pat Tallman would come back even if she was offered, there seems to be a bit of bad blood there now (has any one read the Babylon File 2?).

And although I would love to see G'kar in the series (if there is one!) I think he would be like Garibaldi and Sheridan in A Call to Arms/Crusade. They were in the TV movie but weren't in the series

------------------

I'm trying to secure an interview with Andreas actually, but I fear everyone will be after him right now!

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And although I would love to see G'kar in the series (if there is one!) I think he would be like Garibaldi and Sheridan in A Call to Arms/Crusade. They were in the TV movie but weren't in the series<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that sounds very probable. It would be fun to have him as a recurring guest character or sth like that, though.

------------------

I hope you get to interview Andreas, Antony! I met him a couple of years ago, & he is the nicest, most down-to-earth person!

Tammy

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
I'm trying to secure an interview with Andreas actually, but I fear everyone will be after him right now!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great good luck I hope he can squeeze you in.

He is a top actor and I am soo looking forward to his role in this up and coming B5LR.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leto II:
From what I understand, re: Lyta, apparently the film and series will open *immediately following* the Telepath War, in which, of course, Lyta (and Lennier) perish. This is as close as we've ever come to the timeframe of this particular story since the opening of "Crusade," and it will be very interesting to learn more of the details.

Of course, flashbacks notwithstanding, the Telepath War remains the best story as-yet-untold that the scope of a feature film would lend itself to conveying...and very likely the only way we will be able to see the ENTIRE cast back together again--and not charge enormous "appearance fees" to WB--is in this format, particularly when you consider also that Lennier's end of the storyline still cries out for a resolution, and this is the perfect venue for such an endeavor.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait a second! I'm confused now ... how do we know Lennier & Lyta perish in Teep war? cuz I didn't know that ... oh well ...
And then by whole cast, do u think there's a chance we see Claudia Christian/Ivanova ... or would it be Lochley instead?

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland full of inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media league."
- Guard outside Sheridans cell in "Between Darkness & Light"

JMS said that Lennier and Lyta die "around" the Teep war a while back in response to a newsgroup question.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up.
Ivanova: In that case we're all going to die slow, agonizing deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>This is as close as we've ever come to the timeframe of this particular story since the opening of "Crusade," and it will be very interesting to learn more of the details.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the J. Gregory Keyes short story, "The Nautilus Coil" takes place during the Teep War. But it involves Lyta and Garibaldi leaving Earth-controlled space on a secret mission, and therefore avoids dealing with the war directly except for Lyta's admission that it is "not going well" for her side. It is also in this story that Lyta finally removes the "Asimov" inhibitions from Garibaldi, freeing him to pursue Bester.

JMS's most recent post about Lyta and Lennier says explicitly that Lyta dies in the Telepath War and that Lennier dies, "right around then, yeah." Which leaves open the possibility that JMS has reconsidered the circumstances, if not the timing, of Lennier's end.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back