• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

George Lucas at it again...

Sinclair

People anticipating the fouth Indiana Jones installment may be disappointed to hear this news. I'm wondering if Speilberg and Ford had a say in it. The article's kind of vague, so who knows for sure.

I don't know how much of that I buy...George wouldn't just throw away a script without Steven and Harrison on board with the decision...this stinks to me of publicity stunt more than anything. They cannot release info on the film...so how better to generate buzz. By the way, filming is set to begin this year, 2004, for a 2005 release...I don't see Lucas wasting that much money...he's a money freak.

Although, Lucas is a great story guy...you are correct...Steven should be the only one with final script approval...and I'm sure he and Ford both have a great deal of say...not just Lucas.

This sounds like rumor...

Wait and see.

The screenwriter for Indy 4 had an interview where he explained what happened. Apparently everyone but George loved the script. And since GL is a producer and a long time friend of SP, SP decided to defer to GL's decision. They are now hoping to find some common ground on the script and fix the problems that GL has with it. Oh yeah, GL is reworking the script himself.

Oh GOD! No George....now we'll have Indy saying..."Dad! I'm haunted by that hug you should never have given me! I'm in agony....aaaagggooooooonnnyyyyyyyyyy!"

Please, deliver us. I miss the old GL who stayed quietly in the background and let the more talented people do the work, while he tinkered with his expensive toys.

CE

If the script is awful, Ford won't sign on. And he knows quality when he sees it.

Also, Ford is well-known for brilliant improv and altering stuff on the fly. Most of the best lines in Star Wars weren't in the script until he put them there. Even a GL script could come to life under Ford's influence.

That's just it...Ford and Spielberg had already signed off on the old one. I really wish GL would learn to trust the more creative people around him.

eeckkk!

CE

The screenwriter for Indy 4 had an interview where he explained what happened. Apparently everyone but George loved the script. And since GL is a producer and a long time friend of SP, SP decided to defer to GL's decision. They are now hoping to find some common ground on the script and fix the problems that GL has with it. Oh yeah, GL is reworking the script himself.

That is reason enough for me to skip seeing this one in the theaters. :rolleyes:

I have not been overly impressed with Star Wars 1-3.

How much influence did GL have with Star Wars (the original) and Empire Strikes Back?

The first SW he wrote and directed but then that was when he was a young upstart filmmaker with something to prove...now...he's just old.

EST he gave them the story but that's it. He didn't write it...didn't direct it. He did EP it.

I still have faith however in Spielberg and Ford to make this a great film. Too bad GL simply feels the need to throw his enormous weight around though....sad really :(

CE

I notice that the article had Harrison Ford's age wrong. It stated that Ford would be 65 in 2005. Actually, he will turn 63 in July 2005.

Two, Ford is too old to play Indiana Jones. Unless he will be playing Indy as a man in his 60s.

Three, maybe Lucas is doing the right thing. I think he is.

I have not been overly impressed with Star Wars 1-3.

I am. Unlike the others, I refuse to join in the Prequel-bashing bandwagon. I didn't live with the illusion that the Prequels were going to be exactly like the Originals.

Correct, thank you...ESB (not EST) sorry. And EP does mean Executive Producer.

And yes, Indy is supposed to be in his late 50's early 60's in this next film. It's set sometime during the 1950's.

CE

I am. Unlike the others, I refuse to join in the Prequel-bashing bandwagon. I didn't live with the illusion that the Prequels were going to be exactly like the Originals.
That's not the issue. The issue is the prequels just being plain old horrible films that deserve to have all copies burnt and shoved up GL's ass.

If they were completely horrible that would not bother me as much. It's that the good is ruined by horrible love dialog or fingernails on chalkboard pidgen english.

That's not the issue. The issue is the prequels just being plain old horrible films that deserve to have all copies burnt and shoved up GL's ass.

"I concurr...Doctor do you concurr?" :D

God save SW from its own creator....PLEASE!

CE

Oh, this debate again! The question that divides sci-fi fans down the middle, polarizing fandom into two increasingly irreconcilable camps. What fun...

Where do I stand? I say that the dialogue was corny all along, if perhaps better delivered. I say that Luke's as whiny as his dad. I say that every SW movie has serious flaws. But I also say that any movie with John Williams music and lightsaber duels is good in my book.

The 2-on-1 saber battle in ep 1 ruled, no doubt.

I think the reason they get slammed, besides them sucking, is that they're not "special" anymore. They're just another set of fantasy/FX flicks out there. The original trilogy was the benchmark for all blockbuster fantasy flicks. Now it's Lord of the Rings.

Even the cool lightsaber duels are just cool fight scenes, which every movie has now. But remember when you first saw a lightsaber duel? It was very simple and slow (Obi Wan vs Vader), but man, it was so new and amazing!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back