• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

gary cole's b-day

Re: gary cole\'s b-day

He was on the radio here in town yesterday morning, plugging his new movie, "One Hour Photo." It's a psychological thriller starring Robin Williams (as the bad guy!). /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Gary once again reprises his role as "the boss"... this time as the manager of the one-hour photomat Robin Williams' character works at.

Gary played up his role in "Office Space" quite a bit, and said it's the role he gets most recognized for. They remarked that his credits list was a mile long, and he said he's been fortunate to have a lot of work. He said he doesn't mind being a little typecast as "Mr. Lumberg," since he's had a lot of other work that he's recognized for.

No mention of Crusade, but the 7-minute interview was mostly about "One Hour Photo" and some stories from "Office Space," so they never really got around to it.

The guy's great, quite how he isn't one of Hollywood's Big Names is beyond me, he has everything. I used to watch Midnight Caller regularly but despite that his Crusade character was somehow different. I didn't have difficulty separating the parts as I do with almost anyone else. Can Angela Lansbury be anyone except that Murder She Wrote woman?
In everything I've seen him in he's had the same face and voice (obviously) but he is someone completely different. To me, that means talent.

Oh! I get to use my modhood one last time. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

*takes aim for the General forum*

Ready...

...FIRE!
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Can Angela Lansbury be anyone except that Murder She Wrote woman?

[/quote]
Ah, SwiftB, your knowledge of her career is just too limited to know what a great actress she really is.

She was more of the glamour queen in her early career. Ever hear of the movie Dorian Grey? Check out the young woman who sings (and is a major part in the film in other ways).

Ever hear of the movie "Court Jester" starring Danny Kaye? Check out the princess.

You just haven't seen most of her career, I think. She might just surprise you. And there are many more roles I just can't grab off of the top of my head right now.

Oh, and the "Pirates of Penzance" movie version of the play which starred Kevin Kline. You might consider that roll a bit "MSW"-ish, but again it shows her broader scope I think.

Court Jester!!!!

To know me, you must know that movie.

I've found that I really like Gary Cole. I've seen him in a lot of things, and a lot of DIFFERENT things, and he always comes across as the character. What I liked most about One Hour Photo is the way that he made Bill-the-SavMart-manager very different than the Office Space boss...

...well, taking into consideration that Office Space was supposed to be a satire and One Our Photo wasn't...

Court Jester!!!!

To know me, you must know that movie.

[/quote]

I must hear more about this, Channe! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Details, please, details! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The guy's great, quite how he isn't one of Hollywood's Big Names is beyond me, he has everything. I used to watch Midnight Caller regularly but despite that his Crusade character was somehow different.

[/quote]
I think his best role was as Sheriff Lucas Buck in American Gothic. How an actor could combine humour, sexiness, and unadulterated evil all in one role was quite remarkable. American Gothic only lasted one season, but it's a classic.

"Hi LondosHair, whaaats happening?

Yea, I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and come in to work on Saturday. We have had some layoffs and have to do a little catch up. So if you could just show up here at 9am, that would be great. Oh, I almost forgot, Im gonna need you to also go ahead and come in on Sunday too. Thaaanks"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back