• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galen

Prophet

Regular
I don't know if anyone likes this fellow, but I can't stand him! He really pissed me off, and I don't think I could ever like him.

But, I need to rewatch the entire Bab5/Crusade series, because it's been too long since I watched them to remember them clearly.

Your pagh is strong, my child.

I haven't even seen Crusade yet, but they will be arriving for me soon.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

That's funny, because he was one of the few characters on Crusade I actually *liked*.
wink.gif
Max grew on me after a while too (like fungus
laugh.gif
). I liked Dureena too. But I'd just as soon kept the captain from "A Call to Arms".

les

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrgnPhnx:
That's funny, because he was one of the few characters on Crusade I actually *liked*.
wink.gif
Max grew on me after a while too (like fungus
laugh.gif
). I liked Dureena too. But I'd just as soon kept the captain from "A Call to Arms".
les
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, Tony Todd is a great Actor.

------------------
Paquita Maria Sanchez: Your mother ate my dog!
Lionel Cosgrove: Not all of it.

I've not seen Crusade yet. But when I see the name Tony Todd, I know who you mean. Kurn, elder Jake Sisko, Hirogen, and many other sci-fi roles.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

No heavy makeup, for once!
wink.gif
Antony, next time SciFi runs "A Call to Arms", I'll tape it, and see if a friend of mine can't dub a PAL copy off.
smile.gif

les

Well, I watched Crusade tonight (the first ep on Scifi
smile.gif
) and I must say that I did enjoy it. Galen was really cool, so was Dureena, and the Doctor seemed all right as well, but I can't stand Max...*mumbles about IPX and all of their faults*

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
smile.gif
) and I must say that I did enjoy it. Galen was really cool, so was Dureena, and the Doctor seemed all right as well, but I can't stand Max...*mumbles about IPX and all of their faults*
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I posted above, Max grows on you. Like fungus.
wink.gif

Y'all have an advantage now, seeing it for the first time on SciFi - this is the order JMS *intended* them to be shown in, instead of TNT's...

[rest deleted due to vulgarity]

laugh.gif

les

------------------

[This message has been edited by MrgnPhnx (edited April 10, 2001).]

What was the order like on TNT?

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
What was the order like on TNT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forget the specifics (you can probably find them at The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5. But the gist was, TNT wanted JMS to add eps to the beginning to explain *everything* right off. They obviously thought we fans couldn't handle any mysteries. :p To make matters worse, the uniforms were different between TNT's requested eps and the ones shown later on...

les

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prophet:
I don't know if anyone likes this fellow, but I can't stand him! He really pissed me off, and I don't think I could ever like him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Galen mostly irritated me (though once he scared me)

Max was my favorite!

[This message has been edited by carver (edited April 12, 2001).]

I liked Galen right off--it's his voice! Yes, he is too overly dramatic at times, but maybe that's the way technomages are.

I also liked Max & Dureena.

Tammy

------------------

Galen is a Technomage, he is supposed to be enigmatic and annoying.
Max is a genius and knows it. They should put his picture by "Arrogant Bastard" in the dictonary. Of course if they did, he would love it.
Durena is the character I loved the most. I get so tired of "perfect" people in many Sci-Fi series. Someone who would dig through tons of dirt for a friend is rare.
The Doctor is the one character I would like to know more about. I never quite got a good impression of her personality.

Considering JMS had a 5 year map for B5, I would love to know what he had in mind for these characters for the next 5 years.

------------------
Shhh! I'm Lurking!!

For me my faves were Galen, Dureena and Max.

They were the most interesting and intriguing.

That said, I'm sure all the characters would have had interesting twists and turns with their characters, look at were Lyta, or Gkar or Garibaldi ended up.

------------------

>>Yes, he is too overly dramatic at times, >>but maybe that's the way technomages are.

I thought it added so much more mystery to the character, but then I'm a gelan fanatic!
wink.gif

Have to say that so far with Sci-fi airing Crusade in the 'right' order, the character development is much better...

I think you're supposed to either hate or love Max, be on Mathesons' side, and understand Gideon to be stuck between a rock and a hard plate, before you get to know them properly.

Would be nice if Sci-fi decided to let us see their development throughout Crusade, not matter what the 'Title'.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"We live for the One...We die for the One"

Yeah, over-dramatic and annoying are the right words. I never cared much for him, or the technomages either. Too "Jedi-ish" for my tastes. And the whole Crusade-Arthurian legend allusion becomes just WAY too over the top with the inclusion of a Merlin type.

------------------

I'm just glad they're showing the series the way JMS intended. Warzone nearly ran me off the show.

------------------

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He he at least Max can dance(wish I could)
smile.gif

Has that episode aired yet?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited April 19, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back