• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica does well

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
So, the US SCI FI Channel's remake of Battlestar Galatica has done very well... probably meaning a series is imminent on the channel that didn't want shows in space.

Just remember Battlestar writers: make it easy, and don't have any stories going from one week to the next. If you do, Bonnie Hammer's husband will get confused. And we know what that means...

So, the US SCI FI Channel's remake of Battlestar Galatica has done very well... probably meaning a series is imminent on the channel that didn't want shows in space.

Just remember Battlestar writers: make it easy, and don't have any stories going from one week to the next. If you do, Bonnie Hammer's husband will get confused. And we know what that means...

LOL! :LOL:

Tammy

probably meaning a series is imminent on the channel that didn't want shows in space.

Which, of course, nobody at Sci-Fi ever said.

And let's all try to remember that Bonnie Hammer is the one who tried her damndest to take over Crusade after TNT sank it, who outmanuevered TNT to get the B5 reruns, let fans who had only heard of it at least see Crusade (which TNT had only aired once) and who put up about 4 million of her network's dollars to make Rangers.

Aw, on second thought, let's not remember any of those things. Let's just continue having fun taking cheap shots at her. :)

Regards,

Joe

I am not oblivious to the good points of her and SCI-FI, much in the same way that I've defended TNT before (against popular opinion).

But damn right I'm going to take cheap shots. She handed them out on silver platters.

She handed them out on silver platters.

Examples? Even one will do. I'm asking because I can't remember any interview, any article or any quotation from the woman where she took a cheap shot at any individual. If you know differently I'd be interested in finding out.

Buying shows you and I disapprove of does not constitute a "cheap shot." ;)

Regards,

Joe

I don't mean she handed out cheap shots. She handed ammunition for cheap shots. :D Her thick husband being one of them. :D

Ahh. My initial sarcasm would lose some meaning then. :D Here's what she said: "Even though Stargate is sci fi, it's very broad sci fi. It's not serialized. Every episode, you can come to it whether you've watched the one before [or not]. They are self-contained. My husband is kind of an absentee watcher, and he would tune in every fifth or sixth episode and have absolutely no issues [with following the plots]. Farscape, on the other hand, got very, very serialized. It got very 'in'."

What the silly bint see as "in" is commonly known in television as an "arc" or "continuity". But hell... Bonnie's husband couldn't keep up... so away with it! Hence Galatica writers need to be careful.

Oh and let's not forget (same interview) "It was brilliant when you got it, and some of the characterizations were truly amazing, but it took a little too much work."

I think it's in some ways thankful they didn't do a Ranger series. Can you imagine JMS doing a show that wasn't classed as needing a little work?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back