• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Future of the Alliance

Elizar

Beyond the rim
What did you think of the last episode of the 4th season, that shown the future of Earth and the Alliance?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

...that every organization has it's ups and downs.

We don't know what was happening off-world during the monk's time, or exactly what organization he was communicating with. (yeah, I know, bad grammer to end with a prep.).

My favorite part is Garibaldi Hologram taking care of the "realfacts/goodfacts" guy.

"Rest easy friends. Rest easy."
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I really liked that Garibaldi part too. I suspect that the monk was sending the message to his the other Rangers.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elizar:
Sorry about the miss-spell!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can correct posts in this bboard, you know. That's the function of the "Edit Button" (to the left of the Reply with Quote Button). Both are to the right of the Post Date and Time.

The Edit Button

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 17, 2001).]

Yup. The monk at the end was communicating with his fellow Rangers.

The point was - a million years from B5, what Sheridan, Delenn and the others created from the ashes of the Shadow War was still there.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I read somewhere that the 'Great Burn' was limited to just effecting Earth itself, that the other Earth colonies (Mars, Orion 7, and whatever ones popped up in the 500 years since B5) were not effected. They left Earth alone to rebuild...with the Rangers help. I thought it was pretty obvious that the Monk was communicating with the Rangers, who were helping rebuild Earth the right way.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

At the end of the episode, do you think the Earth made their own encounter suits, or learned how from going to the Vorlon Home World?

------------------

Channe,

IMO what was even neater, wasn't so much what the Alliance created (as I'm sure in some way shape or form it exists during that 1,000,000 year ahead sequence) but that the Rangers were around as well, as noted by the emblem on the ship at the end.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
Sheridan helped form the Alliance, but Sinclair, a human-turned-Minbari created the Rangers, which seemed to almost become a way of life in a million years.
</font></td></tr></table>

For me, that was more amazing than the Alliance. Even the idea that one person could create something that would have such lasting effects is mind boggling
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited December 17, 2001).]

That is amazing. The ship it's self was amazing. It look like an Earth Destroyer, and a Vorlon ship.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Yup. The monk at the end was communicating with his fellow Rangers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that. However, the thread is about the Alliance, the ISA.

I meant that the Rangers are a part of the ISA, and from the monk's conversation, and that we can't tell exactly how well the ISA (the parent organization of the Rangers) is doing, in the monk's time.

From the monk's communication, we know the Rangers are still in existence at the 1000 year mark. From the end, of DoFS, we know the the Rangers are still in existence at the 1,000,000 year mark.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 17, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elizar:
At the end of the episode, do you think the Earth made their own encounter suits, or learned how from going to the Vorlon Home World?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a possibility, since that took place 1 million years in the future, and that's when we would be allowed to go to the Vorlon home world.

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Awfully optimistic, isn't JMS?
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

The part with the Human encounter suit was (I thought) one of the coolest things in the series. After rangers has run its course, I would love to see a series (or at least a movie) that goes that far in the future, putting humans into the role of the Vorlons, as parents to younger alien races.

------------------

Vorlons stayed in their encounter suits to hide their forms from the younger races; all of whom had been altered by the Vorlons to some degree so that Volons appeared as Angelic Creatures.

But to have a human a million years advanced have a human form with the ability to shift to energy brings up some questions.

Why do the humans need to have Encounter Suits if they can retain a humanoid form?

Are humans acting toward the races under them as the Vorlons treated them? Will humans become a race of meddleers as the Vorlons were or will we keep our Encounter-suited noses out of younger races business?

------------------
"Consider it an Adventure" -Galen

I think the implication, by still having the Rangers (and maybe the ISA) around is this: that we've learned, that when we become First Ones we'll do better than the Shadows and the Vorlons and be true teachers, not meddlers.

------------------

As to JMS being overly optimistic, refer to Gene Roddenberry in ST. That is overly optimistic to me.

CSR

------------------

If we ever go to space for good - it won't be as an Earth Alliance, or as a Federation. It will be the Americans and the Chinese and the Russians and the Venezuelans and...

------------------

If the humans had become like the Vorlons, which race would be the Shadows?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back