• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Freddy vs Jason

Sinclair

I just a preview of this for the first time this morning. I think it looks silly. I've never been a big Halloween fan and I haven't liked any Friday the 13th movies since part III, and even that wasn't very impressive. Here's the official website for the movie.

Personally, I'd rather see an Alien vs Predator movie.

I've been hearing about this movie for months now and I'll admit it...I really wanna see it. I always loved the original Nightmare on Elm Street and the first 2 Friday the 13th movies. I'm gonna go and see it. :D

I think it'll be a good movie. Not good in a normal sense, but good in a slasher movie sense.

And an Alien vs. Predator movie would be sweet. The Predator franchise just doesn't get much action these days.

Ugh...

:rolleyes:

I just don't see any reason to make this movie. Why would it be Freddy versus Jason? Don't they have the same M.O.? Surely, they'd at least be drinking buddies.

The story is more or less about Freddy using Jason to kill people in the town he used to... well, kill people in. Then Jason does something or other, pisses Freddy off... blah blah blah. Next thing you know, it's Freddy versus Jason. Somehow. I still wanna go see it, though.

This is one of those movies you just know is stupid drudge, but I wanna see it :) Freddy vs Jason? Count me in!

And an Alien vs. Predator movie would be sweet. The Predator franchise just doesn't get much action these days.
I just ran across this little quote from Stan Winston, fx genius.
One film Winston’s a little disappointed he didn't get asked to be a part of was the upcoming "Aliens vs. Predator". "I wanted to be involved in that so badly", he confesses. "I mean I created the Predator. I drew him up on a plane ride with Jim Cameron. And then Aliens, I created the Queen. So they're like my babies, so I wasn't very happy that I'm not asked to be a part of it. Pride of Ownership, I guess. Still, I wish them the best of luck, and just hope they do the film some justice".

Well, seeing how Jason gets in most of his movies, I dunno if he EVER sleeps. And as it is, I somewhat understand how the two of them could meet in the beginning of the movie, since the events of the 9th Friday movie would more or less allow the meeting, but I don't see how they could meet again once Jason is back in the land of the living. Then again, I suppose he could go to sleep in order to fight Freddy. Or something.

*shrugs*

I'm still going to see it anyways. Especially now that I've seen a trailer. It looks like I'd really dig it.

A smidgen of a followup on the AvP thing...

it IS getting made...

Paul Anderson, the director from Event Horizon and Resident Evil (not the P. Anderson from Boogie Nights) is making the film.

They are in the middle of pre-pro, casting etc....

takes place in the Antarctic, the lead will be female, prolly Milla Jovovich, there is a male Doctor/businessman lead, last name either Weyland or Yutani... all Alien fans will recognize that/those names...

..hoping to be working on the miniatures...
...even tho the movie will be crap....

laz

I just had to post this... it's a scaled-down version of the wallpaper I'm using on my desktop :)

fvsj.jpg

You know what's crazy? I read the other day that they are already talking about a sequel to this movie. If it makes money they'll make another one but apparently it's rumored the next one will feature Ash from Evil Dead fighting the duo...As much as I love all 3 of those characters I have to say...HUH???? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back