• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

First Impressions on the Ships...

The Valen.. I kinda thought the Valen looked a bit like a Brakiri ship, and maybe it is a Brakiri hybrid, it looks cool but slow.

The Liandra.. I thought that maybe this ship was like a first attempt at a whitestar, since it appears to have a hull like vorlon vessels. Thats all I can tell from the pictures.

The new races ship. They just seem like big huge hunks of nothingness. I cant wait until we get to see a battle between a fleet of these and the ranger fleet (hopefully)

I found pictures of these ships on boards.ign.com it took me forever to find the banner that pops up on the left side that lets you see the ships, but it was worth it.

------------------

First of all I don't recognize the name so welcome to the board.

This is not directed at you but, it is not a first attempt or prototype whitestar. It was made well before the initial work on the Whitestars was done as written in to Dream in the City of Sorrows.
mad.gif

Like I said not directed at you just at the people who keep saying it even though it's been pointed out to them that it is not possible several times. grrrr

I agree the Valen doesn't look quite as graceful or sleek as the usual Minbari stuff. I still doubt that it would be all that slow and is probably a bitch to take out.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danny_in_space:
The Valen.. I kinda thought the Valen looked a bit like a Brakiri ship, and maybe it is a Brakiri hybrid, it looks cool but slow.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well welcome danny_in_space!

No the valen would deffinitly not be a brakiri hybrid....I mean the Minbari ships from 1000 years ago are most likly better then the Brakiri ships on the time of B5LR..

The brakiri Ships are really weak they just amde there ships really big so that they could possibly avoid some battles because they look so Powerful..

But as we now looks can be decieving.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:

This is not directed at you but, it is not a first attempt or prototype whitestar. It was made well before the initial work on the Whitestars was done as written in to Dream in the City of Sorrows.
mad.gif

Like I said not directed at you just at the people who keep saying it even though it's been pointed out to them that it is not possible several times. grrrr

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could this possibly be directed at me? My personal theory is that the Liandra has some Vorlon technology. (Note: This is different from being a Whitestar prototype)

I still think that it is possible. I have looked up my copy of To Dream in the City of Sorrows, and the significant quote from Jenimer is;

"...with help from our Vorlon friends. We have been privately developing and building a new type of warship, the Whitestar ships, incorporating Vorlon and Minbari technology."

This is in 2259, but it doesn't tell us how long they have been working on the ship design. Also, Minbari are famous for not giving you the whole story. What if they had tried to mix the two technologies before they had help from the Vorlons? The Liandra could be the result; a partially sentient ship. Perhaps the Minbari found that they couldn't control the Liandra, hence the curse.

Maybe then they started working with the Vorlons.

That is my theory
laugh.gif
and you are very welcome to disagree with it. I am very used to having my JMS predictions wrong. Technically, half my video collection belongs to a friend because I got a prediction wrong. I was convinced the William Edgars was really Bester, and staked my vids on it.

Oh well. It makes life interesting
crazy.gif

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

Twenty years ago would have close to the time of the Minbari-Earth war when no one outside of the Anlashok Na and Chosen One had even seen a Vorlon in centuries. What you propose is simply not possible or reasonable.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

A Golden Dragon? So, Deviot, who are you really, Alwyn or Tilar?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
A Golden Dragon? So, Deviot, who are you really, Alwyn or Tilar?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am neither I am THE Dragon
smile.gif

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>

Tilar is dead by the time that shot was taken.

</font></td></tr></table>

edited to add in spoiler warning
------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited December 04, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
Tilar is dead by the time that shot was taken.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, forgot about that.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Tilar died in ~February 2259, and that shot was taken in ~March 2267. </font></td></tr></table>

edited to put in spoiler warning
------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited December 04, 2001).]

Let me clear my throat for this: cough cough

SPOILERS

I know it's just a slip up but plenty of people have not read the books yet.

Sigh, lately I'm seem to be doing more complaining than contributing. Oh well.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Twenty years ago would have close to the time of the Minbari-Earth war when no one outside of the Anlashok Na and Chosen One had even seen a Vorlon in centuries. What you propose is simply not possible or reasonable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a theory.

What if, a thousand years ago, during the last Shadow war, the Minbari gained a Vorlon ship? Even if it was some debris left after a battle.

It could have taken them centuries on their own to get anywhere near understanding it.

This discussion could go on for ages
laugh.gif

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elenopa:
What if, a thousand years ago, during the last Shadow war, the Minbari gained a Vorlon ship? Even if it was some debris left after a battle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What if Valen slept in one of Babylon 4's cryotubes for a millennium, waking up early in the 4th season, taking a Nial and sneaking aboard B5, stealing Lorien's ship. He then takes it out on the Rim, buries it and goes off with Lorien. Years later, Lyta and G'Kar come across it, at which point Vorlon programming takes over and she calls them from far away. A special Vorlon transport returns taking, taking Lorien's vessel with them beyond the Rim. There they reshape it into a more Minbari-looking vessel, and send it back in time to the Minbari war. After that, it remains in service in the Ranger fleet up to the Shadow war, where it's taken on a suicide mission by Captain Ericson. After getting blown up by the Shadows, it grows back together again and is salvaged by a Minbari cleanup team. Unfortunately it's now haunted, so they place it in storage...

(Of course, this was the short version, ignoring how the Vorlons got the parts to refit the ship, including the First One tech mental weapons control system (which Garibaldi stole from a secret Psi Corps base while hunting Bester) or the extra sturdy door access panel in Tirk's quarters.)

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

Well I just got the chance to watch the new B5LR Trailer, and I got my close up of the Liandra. They showed two really nice shots of that bad boy. They showed a nice close front view, and they showed a nice bottom view. The bottom view was really pretty, I want one.

Ohh yeah Deviot that's a nice pic, but it doesn't scare me...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I know it's a hologram. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

Let me clear my throat for this: cough cough

SPOILERS

I know it's just a slip up but plenty of people have not read the books yet.

Sigh, lately I'm seem to be doing more complaining than contributing. Oh well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops.
blush.gif
Well, if they haven't read the books, they'll have no idea who Tilar is.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
What if Valen slept in one of Babylon 4's cryotubes for a millennium,...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

etc.

LOL
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

Zdrastvuitye (Hello)
Well, folx, I haven't got TV right now ( no reception, new development so cable not available yet), so I won't be seeing the trailer for a while. Does anyone know where I can see a decent image, especially of the Valen.
Possible

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>(for those offended by such things - My wife still rags me about letting it slip that Sarek was gonna die before the ep aired.)

Am I anywhere near correct in guessing that the Valen is the Whitestar prototype fighter from 'To Dream'? If so, how closely does it resemble a Whitestar?

Anyway, TIA for any help
Do Scorova (till soon - Russian has a different mindset)

------------------
Darkwing
Let's..get..dangerous

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkwing:
Zdrastvuitye (Hello)
Well, folx, I haven't got TV right now ( no reception, new development so cable not available yet), so I won't be seeing the trailer for a while. Does anyone know where I can see a decent image, especially of the Valen.
Possible

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>(for those offended by such things - My wife still rags me about letting it slip that Sarek was gonna die before the ep aired.)

Am I anywhere near correct in guessing that the Valen is the Whitestar prototype fighter from 'To Dream'? If so, how closely does it resemble a Whitestar?

Anyway, TIA for any help
Do Scorova (till soon - Russian has a different mindset)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go up about 4 posts and click on the link in my last post. It's a very short trailer which has the Valen, the Enfalli and the Liandra in it...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> There is no way the Valen is a prototype of the Whitestar... However the Enfalli looks like the prototype for the Victory Class Destroyer, and the Liandra isn't a protoype for the Whitestar either. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by War-Demon (edited January 20, 2002).]

Scence I work on a B5 MOD. Hel'Zah is the Whitestar Proto-type fighter. Our mod is not complety 100% cannon. But we try to make it look like in the book.

isa2.jpg

------------------
Webmaster for B5:A2
Babylon 5: Armada II
A MOD for Star Trek: Armada II
http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/babylon5/

New to this board, so if this has been answered elsewhere, let me know!

Does anyone have helpful pictures of the Liandra?

I'm interested in building a physical model of the ship - I like what I have seen of the design so far!

I've been scratchbuilding ships from Babylon 5 & Crusade from awhile now; they can see on some of the links below. I'm currently finishing up an Earth Alliance Warlock class; I'll get some pics posted after I'm done painting it.

Technomage ship http://starshipmodeler.net/gallery3/jb_tech.htm

Babylon 4 http://starshipmodeler.com/gallery2/jb_bab4.htm

And a collection of my other models are shown on CultTvMan's site: a Whitestar, a Brakiri cruiser, and a Centauri Vorchan-class cruiser. And the yellow maintenance version of the Starfury, too.
http://www.culttvman.com/jbbabylon5models.html

So any assistance on the Liandra will greatly appreciated!

------------------
Joe Brown

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back