• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Firefly now on iTMS!

Not that many will care, but I think it's awesome: they've added Firefly to the iTunes Music Store! (and some other Fox shows like Buffy season 1 and 24).

Now, to me it doesn't matter *that* much since I already have it on DVD. However, I think iTMS is the *perfect* venue for Firefly, now and in the future. There's no air time to speak of that needs to be purchased, distribution costs are handled by Apple and the direct profit model means less to no ads needed for each episode to sustain itself--hell, if someone was willing to front the money for one episode, Joss & co could produce a "season 2 pilot" and distribute it to see just how popular it is (i.e. how much money it makes) and only produce more episodes as the previous one makes enough money. Apart from the initial episode, there's zero cost risk for the studio, which is always good in their eyes.

I dunno, I just think there's a lot of promise in an all-digital distribution of a new Firefly season, and if it were going to be distributed over/handled by anything, it'd be iTMS.

Commence compulsary buying episodes to make Firefly #1 on the store!! :)

(Yeah, my idea is overly simplistic and glosses over a bunch of details. Sue me, I'm an idealist :)

--mcn

Not that many will care, but I think it's awesome: they've added Firefly to the iTunes Music Store! (and some other Fox shows like Buffy season 1 and 24).

Now, to me it doesn't matter *that* much since I already have it on DVD. However, I think iTMS is the *perfect* venue for Firefly, now and in the future. There's no air time to speak of that needs to be purchased, distribution costs are handled by Apple and the direct profit model means less to no ads needed for each episode to sustain itself--hell, if someone was willing to front the money for one episode, Joss & co could produce a "season 2 pilot" and distribute it to see just how popular it is (i.e. how much money it makes) and only produce more episodes as the previous one makes enough money. Apart from the initial episode, there's zero cost risk for the studio, which is always good in their eyes.

I dunno, I just think there's a lot of promise in an all-digital distribution of a new Firefly season, and if it were going to be distributed over/handled by anything, it'd be iTMS.

Commence compulsary buying episodes to make Firefly #1 on the store!! :)

(Yeah, my idea is overly simplistic and glosses over a bunch of details. Sue me, I'm an idealist :)

--mcn
I liked firefly.
If I sue you how much would I get?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back