• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

finished SUMMONING LIGHT yesterday...

Cern

Regular
Whew. That was a good book. Galen imploding all them Drakh...sweet. Taking down Shadow Vessels with one shot...Hella cool. Galen cooking himself to make the pain in his heart stop...been there.

I have one question though. In the synopsis for the next book, it says Galen is after 3 people. Tilar is toast. Elizar and Razeel are still out there. So who is the 3rd target? Bunny (snicker)? Morden? Londo?

Any guesses?

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Actually it says 3 enemies - that doesn't restrict it to 3 people.

Elizar & Razeel are the most obvious guess, since the Circle would have direct authority over their fate.

Morden is just a servant and is easily replaced - not worth the effort. It is very unlikely that Londo would be the target, he too is just a servant of the shadows.

I think, that the Galen's target is much bigger.

------------------

I'm wondering how Galen gets to where he is in the books to believing: "There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet." (thanks for the quote, Invalensname
smile.gif
)I mean, a lot more stuff happens to him...

(Spoiler from the Crusade ep with Alwyn...I wish I could remember the title
frown.gif
)

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>including the death of Elric </font></td></tr></table>

Ohh, the next book is going to be wonderful!! I hope there's more of a Crusade tie in.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Ooohyya.. what a great book.. even better than the first.

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

blah I still havn't been able to get my book yet
frown.gif

Anyone else in Australia read it yet?
Next time I guess I will order a few books from different people maybe one will turn up on time ..

But from what I have heard people say is all good..many people think the 2nd is better then the first book true?

I wish to see how Fa is
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

This is a great book. The best indication of that is how many more questions it raises and leaves open, than it resolves (of course, were it book 3 instead of book 2 of the triology, I might feel differently).
wink.gif

Now we have to wait until November!?!?
frown.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
But from what I have heard people say is all good..many people think the 2nd is better then the first book true?

I wish to see how Fa is
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the action does pick up from Casting Shadows. I think there's more going on in book 2 than in book 1. You won't be disappointed. Galen is quite the surprise.

I don't recall if Fa is in Book 2.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I'm still waiting for my copy hopefully it should be here next week..

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

I liked the first one a tad more than the second I think.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> For a few reasons, actually. Mainly, tons of people die in the second book, including one of the chars that I really liked, Carvin.
frown.gif
I was happy to see the Isabelle scene in the first one. I was fine with how Cavelos changed the scene from the Crusade ep. What did you think? </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
I liked the first one a tad more than the second I think.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> For a few reasons, actually. Mainly, tons of people die in the second book, including one of the chars that I really liked, Carvin.
frown.gif
I was happy to see the Isabelle scene in the first one. I was fine with how Cavelos changed the scene from the Crusade ep. What did you think? </font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I also liked the Isabelle death scene compared to the filmed version...Yes it was changed slightly but the book got to me more heh more time...but it was still sad for me. The otehr thing about the while time Isabelle was dying was long and drawn out in the book a number of things happened as she was dying...was different like reading that the spike was going to c5 c4 c 3 etc was suspense..

I am not happy to hear about Carvin dying i really really liked her
frown.gif
</font></td></tr></table>

Damn I still havn't got the book for the last 2 thursdays the place I ordered it from said they would have it..now the say next thursday again but I do not beleive them..I am going to order from somwhere else.

Any Australian here or any Sydney sider who knows of a place to buy it or a real quick place I can order from I would eb gratful..

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Yes, a lot of terrible things do happen to them.

It does make you wonder how the Techno-Mages will survive, or if they'll simply die off over the years.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It does make you wonder how the Techno-Mages will survive, or if they'll simply die off over the years.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the overall title for the Trilogy IS
"The Passing of the Technomages"

So, either they are going to Die or have to give up the Shadow Tech. Or something. It seems pretty clear that they will Not be "Technomages" after it's all over, whatever happens.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

It also puts a whole new twist on why Galen didn't want to take Dureena as an apprentice.

Morden would not be one of the three since Galen says he has no surviving enemies.

I forget, what was changed from the Crusade ep other than her hair?

------------------
Bus
"The pink ones keep ya from screamin'." Grandpa

GAH anyway just for anyone wqho live's in Sydney Australia..Galaxy bookshop has this book now..I just missed getting it today the shop shut just ebfore I arrived
frown.gif

Silly shop have had it for a week I rang everyday and they kept saying they didn't have it when they really did damn frustrating.

Anyway I gotta wake early tomorrow whihc is a trade off I will take anytime
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I assume you can't buy it from anyone else.

Probably just a@#holes who didn't feel they needed to bother to look on behalf of some nerd.
mad.gif

Did it sound like the same clerk each call?

------------------
Bus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
I assume you can't buy it from anyone else.

Probably just a@#holes who didn't feel they needed to bother to look on behalf of some nerd.
mad.gif

Did it sound like the same clerk each call?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I had it ordered from a few place's but none had arrived yet..

Yes it was teh same person who answered the phone each time..

Anyway I went in today and bought it from tehre shop they had about 50copies there and I also bought clarks law pity the shadow within wasn't there
frown.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:

Morden would not be one of the three since Galen says he has no surviving enemies.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morden is taking a dirt nap, isnt he?

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Yeah but I still don't think it would be Morden. He may have been the face of the shadows when the offer was made to

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>save Isabelle. </font></td></tr></table>

He doesn't seem to be high enough on Galen's list to be one of the three, after all he's only a pupet.

The only way I could see is if Elric took a special dislike for Morden and Elric took up the search on his behalf.

------------------
Bus

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back