• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favourite Babylon 5 episode and why?

Although there are a few episodes that don't really contribute a huge deal to the overall series...I liked them.

And anybody who says differently has to deal with my pet devil! ...jeez just listen to him laugh at you...

*MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

:devil:

As many others, I´m gonna do this season by season. For obvious reasons:

Season 1
1. Babylon Squared - I don't really have to list the reasons, do I?
2. The Quality of Mercy - A very deep and humane episode
3. Signs and Portents - Morden. Shadows. Londo

Season 2 - My favorite season, btw

1. Comes the Inquisitor - Has the third best B5 actor - Wayne Alexander, a deep and philosophical story.
2. The Long Twilight Struggle - Masterpiece acting by Peter Jurasik, probably the best that I've seen in Television AND Hollywood movies. A heartbreaking story by JMS
3. The Coming of Shadows - Drama at it's best. Way above anything in television or Hollywood cinema.

Season 3

1. Z'Ha'Dum - Top notch acting by Bruce Boxleitner, the semi-resolution of the Shadow war arc, and a big boom!
2. Severed Dreams - For obvious reasons.
3. War Without End 1,2 - A fantastic resolution to an already fantastic episode two seasons earlier

Season 4

1. Intersections in Real Time - I just love the philosophical part of B5. Can't help it. Also superb acting by everyone (Wayne Alexander! He's Back! Again!)

2. Into the Fire - A lovely resolution. And all the great actors are present.

3. The Face of The Enemy - I really enjoyed the character of Wade. To bad he got killed off. And the resolution to Garibaldi's arc was surprising to say the least.

Season 5 - My third fave season, btw (S4 and S1 are behind)

1. Sleeping in Light - Made me cry
2. The Fall of Centauri Prime - Made me cry
3. Objects at Rest - Made me cry

Since I haven't seen a large chunk of Season 4 (and no, January can't come too soon) and I last saw Season 5 when it first aired, I'm hestiant to really decide on my favorites. But as of now, I'd have to say that overall it has to be Messages from Earth. It was one of the first episodes I ever saw, and the first that really got me interested in the series. After watching it again with the box set, I find it's the one that I rewatch over and over. There's just so much to it--G'Kar writing his book, a killer epilogue, Sheridan's dilemma, Marcus, Dr. Mary Kirkish, the unearthed Shadow vessel on Mars--plus, the direction of Michael Vejar just raises the tone of the story to a whole new level.

The runners-up are, in order:

2. Comes the Inquisitor
3. Sleeping in Light
4. The Long Twilight Struggle
5. Interludes and Examinations

Also, I have a certain fondness for A Late Delivery from Avalon and All Alone in the Night.

I cannot pick favourite episodes but I can say that Sleeping in Light was THE BEST series finale I have ever seen, period.

Other shows finales didn't even come close of comparing! SiL wrapped up a great show in a way I never thought possible. JMS is truly a gifted writer!

My Favorite Episodes are:
War without end (parts 1&2) because I love how they combine an older episode with a new one and I also love that SInclar comes back for a visit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back