• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape [SPOILERS]

ElScorcho

Regular
Well, the beginning of the end is here. And after watching last night's episode, I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that the best show I've seen all week has been dropped. But that's an old topic...

One thing I thought was odd about the show was the whole timeframe thing. From the premiere, I'd always thought that it was supposed to be set somewhere in the (not too distant) future. I was a little surprised that they ended up in 2003 and it was current to their timeline.

Did Chi'anna boff young Crichton in the garage? I got up to get something to drink and missed it. Damn, I should have taped it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If she did, I can see it now - by the end of the season John has two kids.

[Edited to put spoiler warning in the title. - Kribu.]

What a great episode.

and yes, they did boff. It would be funny if Chiana got pregnant...hehe.

Not only was this episode pretty dramatic but it was also hilarious! Rygel on a chocolate high! Grandma blowing her crazy powder on everyone? I loved it.

but on to SG-1 which I also thought was ended the best sci-fi friday ever...

That was one of the single best SG-1 episodes I have ever seen. Granted, it ended a bit suddenly, and they prob. could have drawn it out another episode, but paved replicators, and the hand through the head? That was just fantastic. I also like the fact that the ending was a bit philosophical and not so pat.

"We used his humanity against him."

Just fantastic.

Phil

Yeah. Rygel on sugar/speed was awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And D'Argo using the only English words he knew was hilarious. This show has the ability to infuse humour into the drama without making it seem out of place. I'm really gonna miss this show.

PS- My apologies to those outside the US for not posting the spoiler in the title. I was not thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

and the cop who came in the house and the tougue smack.

i missed the whole "REESE" replicator ep... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif oh wait..i never watched sg1 b4 it was on scifi! LOL

^the reese replicator ep should be shown in syndication sometime in the next few months (check your local listings). It was a season 5 episode, and like most from that season, it was extremely well done.

Phil

Come on people ... we can't forget to comment about Aeryn's Cher outfit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did Chi'anna boff young Crichton in the garage?

Yes. I had forgotten the name that JC had said, but it was pointed out over at the FarscapeWorld bboard that "Karen Shaw, in the back of a pickup, 16" were the loss of virginity facts that John recited to D'Argo back in Losing Time after they were told that a person inhabited by an energy rider wouldn't be able to remember personal details.

That would be Jool.

So, .... real life or in the show?

In real life: She got a regular part on a mainstream Australian series (on Farscape she hadn't reached regular status yet, still was a "guest star" who was there a lot). She was still fitting in some Farscape appearances around her other schedule.

In the show: There was a 2-parter near the beginning of S4 (the 2nd and 3rd eps, I think) collectively called What Was Lost. It centered around this major archialogical site (that turned out to be Jool's primary field of study) on the home world of this society that had created a centuries long period of peace a couple millenia or so ago. They had abruptly disappeared when someone used a weapon called the Darnaz Triangle (or something like that). When the effects got reversed toward the end, the central temple and group of priests from that society reappeared out of some dimensional shift. Jool decided to stay there both to learn about them and to teach them about what has been going on in the galaxy since they disappeared.

The odd part was that they made a point of talking about how Jool was the only one who *could* stay because she wasn't individually wanted by the PK's. I just don't know why that should be true after the events of the latter part of S3. It's not like she wasn't with the group that blew up the command carrier or that none of the survivors knew that she was with them.

Anyway, those are the basics.

Considering that the character was actively trying to get some of Moya's crew to stay on that planet with her, ...

I'm not sure that she had completely figured out the bit about "hanging out with people likely to be targeted for assasination" = "bad for your life expectancy". /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I mean those people kept saving her life.
The fact that her life would never have been in danger in the first place had she not been with those people was quite beside the point.

Well, OK. There is the little thing about how she would probably still be a Jool-cycle if they had never come along.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back