• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape on the Horizon

ElScorcho

Regular
Best Confirmation Of A 'Farscape' Project Yet

Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 03-03-2004
Source: SyFy Portal

It seems almost impossible to get details on what's going on in Sydney, Australia on the set of what is rumored to be a "Farscape" miniseries, but one design company is talking.

"We once again have assumed the identity of the Henson Creature shop in Sydney and are in the final throes of the 'Farscape' miniseries," said a statement on the official Web site of Image Creative Workshop, the company that does creature creation and the like. "Only a couple of weeks to go till completion. We have produced 22 episodes worth of work in four mini-movies, so get ready for Farscape on acid! It's been an experience we will never forget."

There still is no word on when the miniseres will air, and if it will be aired on Sci-Fi Channel or somewhere else. In fact, no truly official announcement has ever been made on the miniseries, but outside of the plot, it's one of the worst kept secrets in entertainment right now.

FARSCAPE ON ACID ???

Bring it on, baby!

:cool:

Best Confirmation Of A 'Farscape' Project Yet

Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 03-03-2004
Source: SyFy Portal

It seems almost impossible to get details on what's going on in Sydney, Australia on the set of what is rumored to be a "Farscape" miniseries, but one design company is talking.

"We once again have assumed the identity of the Henson Creature shop in Sydney and are in the final throes of the 'Farscape' miniseries," said a statement on the official Web site of Image Creative Workshop, the company that does creature creation and the like. "Only a couple of weeks to go till completion. We have produced 22 episodes worth of work in four mini-movies, so get ready for Farscape on acid! It's been an experience we will never forget."

There still is no word on when the miniseres will air, and if it will be aired on Sci-Fi Channel or somewhere else. In fact, no truly official announcement has ever been made on the miniseries, but outside of the plot, it's one of the worst kept secrets in entertainment right now.

FARSCAPE ON ACID ???

Bring it on, baby!

:cool:

Am I the only one who finds it a bit idiotic that projects are "secret" and yet "leaks" about it are still getting out? :rolleyes:

I'm not even a Farscape "fan" but I am curious to see how they end it. Why no official announcement that they are doing this miniseries? I must not know marketing because it really just seems like a bad move to me.

I hope WB's doesn't decide on the same strategy: let a few pitiful "leaks" out then leave the fans wondering for many, many months.

Or have they done that already? :LOL:

Well, this is one secret that they have no real intention of keeping secret. The producers have made it quite clear what they're doing... I think it's all just nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

Is it known yet what channel the miniseries will air on? I think everyone has assumed the Sci Fi channel, but is that actually official?

I'm assuming that there are so many leaks about the project is due to the fact that the show's more intense fans have been campaigning to get it back on the air since about five minutes after the announcement it was cancelled. Ever heard of "Save Farscape"? Apparently, the Cult of Farscape is very proactive.

The producers are being deliberately coy due to the fact that there are legal issues with the SciFi Channel about broadcast rights. I'm not entirely sure what it entails, but I think SciFi might own the show in part since it was originally produced for them exclusively.

I've also noticed that none of these "leaks" have appeared on SciFi's website.

The SCI FI Channel or the Sci Fi Channel?

The Sci Fi Channel wouldn't have a hope of funding it.

But SCI FI... well they could be doing some more, but I suspect it wouldn't be SCI FI that'd have their fingers in this pie. We shall see.

Maybe I'm stuck in a moment of true cluelessness, but what is the difference between the "SCI FI Channel" and the "Sci Fi Channel"?

The SCI FI Channel is US-based.

The Sci Fi Channel is UK-based.

They are not owned by the same people, so are very different affairs (even if they do share some common roots).

The SCI FI Channel is US-based.

The Sci Fi Channel is UK-based.

They are not owned by the same people, so are very different affairs (even if they do share some common roots).

I feel much wiser now... Cool. :cool:

Whatever it is, I hope they wait until I've finished watching the 3rd and 4th season, which I'm renting from Netflix.

GKE: You could always tape it and wait to watch it until you catch up with the older eps via DVD.

My understanding is that SCI FI (although I am used to seeing people in the US write it as SciFi) never owned any piece of it. If they had they would have been less likely to have canceled it at 88 eps instead of honoring the contract to make a 5th season, and get to 110 eps (and therefore past that seemingly magical for syndication 100 ep mark). What they do have is a period of exclusive (in the US) airing rights for a period that is reputed to be 2 years after the last new episode.

There has been speculation that the official announcement of the mini-series' network has been put off (by the network, who we all know from B5 affairs has the right to make that announcement, not the production team) until that period runs out. That way the discussion of the mini-series is not a de facto ad for the competition (namely SciFi's reruns of Farscape).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back