• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episodes...

Dekion

Regular
Is there any kind soul that could make a copy of Jeremiah for me? I don't get Showtime and I am dying to see the episodes. I can supply the tapes and ship them wherever needed. Unless of course you live in or near Athens Georgia, then our problems would be solved.

I would like to remind the users of the forum that there should be no open trading here in the Jeremiah section. We're pretty much ok with you asking, but please don't finish the transaction in the thread, please...

I would but it is not an option on University of Georgia Cable.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

See, in my mind, if there is legitimately no way to get Showtime service, then that entitles you to watch the series by whatever means you can. Granted, the law probably doesn't see it that way, but thats how the cookie crumbles. I signed up for Showtime just for this show, so they got their $$$ from me. But if you are in a place where its not available, then thats what the Internet is here for. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Recoil is absolutely right.

Here in canada i know quite a few people who would LOVE to pay for showtime, just so that can watch Jeremiah. But we can't. Showtime is U.S exclusive. And it's not Showtime's fault either, it's the god damned CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission) which protects the worthless "canadian content".

So far i rely on a relative in New Jersey to send me tapes of Jeremiah, which he often forgets/fails to tape (he's not a fan of sci-fi), and my friends rely on me. The end result is that we missed half the episodes so far. And when we do get to see the episode, it's usually atleast a week late.
Shipping tapes from the U.S. also costs money, but atleast my friends share the cost.

The situation is rediculous. We want to pay for Showtime but aren't allowed to. Here in Canada we have the same crap on Sattelite as we do on cable. The only reason to go sattelite is (much) better picture quality and the personal digital recorder.

Some of my friends have gotten to the point where they said that if we keep missing episodes (they have no source other then me) they will get fake subscriptions to DirecTV (fake a US adress, etc), which is illegal in canada. But it's getting to the point where they are desperate enough. And if my source dries up, i might just have to do the same.

You people in the US that have the ability to call up your sattelite/cable company and just ask to subscribe to Showtime have no idea how lucky you are.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>Here in canada i know quite a few people who would LOVE to pay for showtime, just so that can watch Jeremiah. But we can't. Showtime is U.S exclusive. And it's not Showtime's fault either, it's the god damned CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission) which protects the worthless "canadian content". <hr></blockquote></font color=yellow>

A show filmed in Vancouver BC Canada can't be shown in Canada because it lacks "canadian content."

[sarcasm] This makes so much sense. [/sarcasm]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kraig:
<font color=yellow></font color=yellow>

A show filmed in Vancouver BC Canada can't be shown in Canada because it lacks "canadian content."

[sarcasm] This makes so much sense. [/sarcasm]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

What else is new when government is involved? (more sacasm.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back