• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

What got me to watch Dr who was Tom Bakers comic and over the top doctor, He was good being both funny and falt out serious at the same time. He threw so many things at you, you never knw what his intentions were in a given situation

Iit the mask of Mandragora, he in the chamber of the cult of Demnos, wired to the alter waiting fo the Mandragora ramped Astrologer Heronomus to shoe up. Hereononmus, starts spewing out "You have profaned the sacred stones's" !
The docotor replied" oh stop it Heroronomus you know who I am just be your natural Horrid Self" and He that maddeningly cheerful smile that he would sometimes finish off with. He was half the fun of watching the show. But in truth the writing on this show was top notch, For a meager budgeted series done on tape rather then film, the series had great writing, It was able to achieve things that almost no other scifi series with larger budgets ever achieved, and that was story telling excellence. This series conveyed a sense of both wonder and adventure.:cool:

But in truth the writing on this show was top notch, For a meager budgeted series done on tape rather then film, the series had great writing, It was able to achieve things that almost no other scifi series with larger budgets ever achieved, and that was story telling excellence. This series conveyed a sense of both wonder and adventure.:cool:

Yes, it was surprisingly good. Twilight Zone started off on tape, too, did you know that? Also excellent writing in a relatively low-budget show.

Yes.

"I'm actually Annie... you know... the one from the musical...but somehow I've got lost in time and space and aged a little"

From what i have been reading with regard to upcomming episode for season 4, it seems that the Daleks are coming back along with Davros and the last survivor of the Cult of Sharro Dalek Caan, They also seem to be alluding to a show down between the Daleks and the Sontarans, that should be quite a nifty little conflict, which is not going to end well for either side. thats a battle I want to see.:cool:

I think these are gonna be new Daleks. BBC 1 DJ Chris Moyles recently got rapped over the knuckles for busting into the Cardiff warehouse where props are kept and revealing a dalek with a new spray job.

Could be Davros repropagating the Dalek species (well is dalek actually a species? The race they are made from are the kaleds).

Here's the video with the offending prop.

Galahd from what i have read and from a few specualaions i think that the results of the time war are about to be undone and that its possible thatthey are bringing back the Timelords. I think the Dalek Sontaran conflict and possible involvement of the Eternals,the master,Daveros and a few other things may cause this to happen. Isaw on Youtube both the episodes involving the Sontarans, In the Sontaran Strategem, The head man general Stall complained about the fact that the Sontarans were not allowed to participate in the Time wars. My thinking is that what if somehow history got changed and the Sontarans get pulled into the war, that would have them face off against the Daleks and the doctor might not have to incinerate Galifrey to stop the Daleks. I think if anyone could match the Daleks in power and technology its them. Also their ability to clone in huge numbers would of set any advantage that the Daleks could have.:cool:

Garovorkin, when is it revealed that the Doctor is the one who destroyed Galifrey?

Anyhow, it sounds interesting, indeed. Here in the states on the Sci-Fi channel we have next an episode of the slaves (Oots?) and the preview said something like "Earth is trying to bury it's darkest secret, and the doctor along with it".

I'm not sure if your information comes from episodes we haven't seen yet on the Sci-Fi channel, or another source. Or if I missed something somewhere. :wtf:

Anyhow, it sounds interesting. :)

In the episode Dalek when he told the captive Dalek how he destroyed them(Daleks) and I think the method that he used destroyed Galifery as well. If you look on line dr who season 4 it give you storyline projections for the comming season, Among the speculations was that the Daleks and Sontarans and other would be in a war of some sort, I think it may tie into the Timewar concept, after viewing the Sontaran Strategem, it convinced me that this changing of the timeline might be a possibility, it also ties in with the reappaearence of Rose Tyler as well. Much of what I am saying is just speculation basedon these bits and pieces. i could be dead wrong on all of this for all i know.:cool:

Hypatia here 'sanother one to chew on, what if the Timelords were not supposed to die, what if events had been manipulatedby an agency unknown to them , so that time lords would be destroyed and what if for the sake of all time and space the Dr has to break the cardinal rule about changing history to save all of time. to correct waht was changed. What if the Sontarans were supposed to be in the Time wars and what if their participation was supposed to happen to nullify the Daleks.:cool: Again this is just speculation.

I'm glad I'm rewatching Dr. Who now, I'm on season 2 now (renting it). There is much I have forgotten. :alienblush:

Interesting speculation. And yes, it would explain the cameo someone-who-looked-a-lot-like-Rose made. :)

Actually, it is Rose, they have been talking about her showing up for some months now. There may be a very good reason for her appearance and from what they saying, something happens to that parallel dimension that she is in, it may have something to do with the Time Wars possibly,Davros or the Master. Nothing is really clear on any of this though. it could all end up being something else completely.

Last edited:

I just hope they don't ruin her excellent exit from the show the way "Voyager" did with (that character whose name I forgot, the one whose lifespan was only about 7 years, Kes maybe?)

She looked angry in her brief cameo.

I still find what general Stall said about the Sontarans not being allowed to participate in the Time war to be rather interesting. Who could have prevented them from participating in it given who they are and their military might.

Actually, it is Rose, they have been talking about her showing up for some months now. There may be a very good reason for her appearance and from what they saying, something happens to that parallel dimension that she is in, it may have something to do with the Time Wars possibly,Davros or the Master. Nothing is really clear on any of this though. it could all end up being something else completely.

RTD said that they are going to sew up threads that have been in most episodes, right from the start of season 1. He's very aware that people have been looking for things like "Bad Wolf" or "Torchwood" or "You are Not Alone" seeded through this series... but he's implied that the layering goes even deeper and spans everything we have seen thus far.

If the parallel dimension is involved, it'll have to be that universe crossing into this one... because there is no Time Lord system for maintaining interdimensional travel from our plane of existence anymore (which is why the TARDIS almost got stranded in the Cybus industries universe).

The question is what is end result going to be by tying all these threads, Will it mean that the Effects of the Time war will be undone anfd the Time lords might be coming back or that Daleks are now going to locked into a never ending war with the Sontarans who can match them in shear nastiness and weaponry. Imagine the Daleks facing off against an enemy that clone millions of soliders and each one fearless in the face of Death.The Daleks are going to have problems, lots of them.:cool:

It to bad that Captain Jack is going to not be on Torchwood Fulltime anymore, the rumors are that they are toning down the show. which to me doesn't bode well for its future. I mean How do you have Torchwood without Captain Jack?

It to bad that Captain Jack is going to not be on Torchwood Fulltime anymore, the rumors are that they are toning down the show. which to me doesn't bode well for its future. I mean How do you have Torchwood without Captain Jack?

What? The whole show IS Captain Jack. I certainly would lose my interest in the show, totally I think, without him. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back