• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doyle answers 10 questions (and a little B5 talk, too)

Lenonn

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/318045p1.html

I guess this means Jerry would be willing to jump onboard any future Babylon 5/Crusade/Legend of the Rangers projects.
smile.gif

Doyle seems to have always been very supportive of B5. I think it's been mentioned here that he even tried to push for more seasons of B5, not truly understanding that it's a 5 year story.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Well, the guy had a regular paycheck and great writing for five straight years. How many people can say that in Hollywood? Of course he's going to want "his" show to continue. I mean, artistic vision is one thing, but financial security is quite another.

Remember how many actors are unemployed at any time -- even if they were in a successful project or two. Who would want to give up a sure thing?

Besides, the simple existence of this very site (as well as many others) proves Doyle's point that the B5 concept still had legs.

IIRC, didn't BB also get a little upset after the season 5 shutdown?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

There is a fine line between a steady paycheck and flogging a dead horse. I would love to have seen more of B5 and I'm sure everybody out there would agree that you're running the risk of spoiling a masterpiece. Thats one of the main reasons why I was really annoyed at the decision to discontinue Crusade. It had the same potential of B5and could have run a similar course. Now of course there's LOTR which I haven't had the chance to see yet, but I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

From what I heard, while Jerry Doyle was Willing to keep on being Garibaldi, it was Bruce Boxleitner who campaigned hard with Warner and others for a 6th season of B5.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

arggggggghh me matey

Sorry, I'll go away now.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I don't know if anyone else saw this or not but JMS also answered those 10 questions and he did an interview over there to. Here's the link for that interview JMS interview

Sinc.
Jerome

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

Damn! I wish I still had the quotation...

I saw an article awhile back that included a comment from a prominent writer-producer to the effect that most TV shows stay on the air one or two years longer than they should. Many feel that X-Files was kept alive past the point where the story had run out of steam, and many other shows just sort of grind on until they lose all of their energy, and eventually their audience, and are forced off the air, a pale shadow of their former selves. By the time the final episode of the original Star Trek aired, it was almost a mercy to know the show was dead. I think that JMS did the right thing on a number of levels.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

True, how true. It's like movie studios who make sequels out of anything remotely successful.

I guess the producers just try to suck out every last penny from their show or movie or franchise. B5 is the only show I like that didn't spill over into mediocrity.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
That was the feeling I got halfway through Voyager's first-season Kazon storyline...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
You too???
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

IIRC it was TNT who wanted a sixth season, as well as some of the actors. JMS came up with Crusade as an alternative but he always said B5 was a five-year show.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back