• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do the Coloniels and Cylons deserve to reap the whirlwind of their choices?

Garovorkin

Regular
In light of everything that we have come to know about the Colonials and the Cylons are both truly worthy of second chances given both of their actions and their choices or are neither worthy of survival? The colonials most serious sin was trying to play god and look at the result, can we feel any sympathy for them ? The Cylons thought that they could do a better job of playing god and see how that worked out. Is the ending a hopeful one or will it simply be the beginning of a new and tragic cycle which will again repeat in a similar fashion ? The planet that they landed on, if its Earth with its destroyed cities, to me indicates that even if they survive, the pattern repeats over and over again. I wonder how long this has been going on? Perhaps thousands, tens of thousands, millions of years ? Now that would be an epic tragedy on a grand scale, now wouldn't it?:(

Last edited:
Both are learning. The Human race has realized that when they do play God, there are consequences. Both deserve no chance and yet they both deserve SOME chance.

To me, "deserving" almost never enters into any equation. I'd like to see the Colonials and the Cylons have their chickens come home to roost, because that would be a good lesson for the audience and would make for great TV. But whether or not they deserve it... I don't know. I don't like to judge, even with fictional characters.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back