• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dancing Hobbits

Glacophane

Regular
Has anyone heard of or checked this out yet?
"The Lord of the Rings", the first major stage musical adaptation of JRR Tolkien's classic trilogy, will receive its World Premiere when it opens in London in Spring 2005. This coincides with the 50th anniversary of the publication of the complete trilogy, "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King".

They have an official website as well...
Lord of the Rings Musical Official Website

Has anyone heard of or checked this out yet?
"The Lord of the Rings", the first major stage musical adaptation of JRR Tolkien's classic trilogy, will receive its World Premiere when it opens in London in Spring 2005. This coincides with the 50th anniversary of the publication of the complete trilogy, "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King".

They have an official website as well...
Lord of the Rings Musical Official Website

Yeah, I just heard about that today. It's so bizzare. I have no idea how they can pull that off....

Yeah, I just heard about that today. It's so bizzare. I have no idea how they can pull that off....

I didn't know about this till I read your post. I'd be curious to see how they do this. ;)

I didn't know about this till I read your post. I'd be curious to see how they do this. ;)

Sounds odd, but interesting. Although... I'm reminded of that video I once saw somewhere of Leonard Nimoy singing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". That SO freaked me out. And not in a good way.

Sounds odd, but interesting. Although... I'm reminded of that video I once saw somewhere of Leonard Nimoy singing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". That SO freaked me out. And not in a good way.

I'm never sure if anyone is joking. :LOL:

But seriously, it could be good, but I doubt it. Can you imagine die hard Tolken fans liking a musical version of their favorite stories?

It really doesn't have to be bad. Some musical adaptations of treasured books have done quite well and are really, really great: i.e., Les Miserables.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back