• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

crusade viewing order and unaired episodes...

Interestingly, even though they *still* never refer to the teep who'd been Lyta by name, she did have one. In the shooting script (yellow & pink revisions), she's Alison in the cast list and script.

Path of Sorrows is one of the Crusade scripts that I've got multiple revisions of. When JMS showed us that episode before the series aired (but after it'd been canceled)at a Megacon, he said that TNT *hated* this ep because to them 'nobody's interested in back-story'. Sigh...

Jan

Interestingly, even though they *still* never refer to the teep who'd been Lyta by name, she did have one. In the shooting script (yellow & pink revisions), she's Alison in the cast list and script.

Path of Sorrows is one of the Crusade scripts that I've got multiple revisions of. When JMS showed us that episode before the series aired (but after it'd been canceled)at a Megacon, he said that TNT *hated* this ep because to them 'nobody's interested in back-story'. Sigh...

Jan

I second that Sigh.... Had an exchange with JMS on rastb5m about that. :)
THREAD: "The Path of Sorrows - Comment"

TNT wanted to do all the backstory with the characters talking about their feelings, instead of showing the backstory. TNT was complaining about there being too much exposition all the while asking for changes that demanded more exposition. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

"The Path of Sorrows" is one of my favorite episodes. :)

Re. TNT, ....well, what do they know? ....and don't say Drama! :rolleyes:

It kinda makes you mad that JMS didn't get the chance to finish Crusade doesn't it...

Never mind - maybe TMoS will finish what Crusade started.

:D

Hm. And War Zone, that TNT forced JMS to write to introduce the series, wasn't filled with Backstory? :confused:

Well, almost all of "War Zone" was present tense stuff, not backstory or flashbacks.

"War Zone" backstory/flashbacks:
<ul type="square">
[*] 1. Some very recent, but definitely past tense footage in an ISN Report showing the Drakh attack.
[*] 2. Recent news report footage of the people on Earth being in a "blind panic." (Sen. McQuate shows it to Gideon.)
[*] 3. Dureena tells Gideon about the Drahk killing her people, her entire world.
[*] 4. The Drakh captain makes an indirect reference to the destruction of Z'ha'dum by saying "And when your world is gone. who will support you, who will you serve, who will you be?" This is kind of obscure, and probably many wouldn't have "gotten it."
[*] 5. Gideon's flashback to when he almost died, nine years ago, as the Technomage exodus passed by him.
[*] 6. Gideon gives an exposition that Galen saved his life nine years ago, to Galen, I guess to indicate to Galen that he remembered.
[*] 7. Galen mentions that he has been penalized before, for helping other people.
[/list]

That's it. I'd hardly call that being "filled with backstory." Putting 1, 2, & 4 in that list is a stretch. Only 3, 5, 6 & 7 are really backstory, and they don't take up much time.

4. The Drakh captain makes an indirect reference to the destruction of Z'ha'dum by saying "And when your world is gone. who will support you, who will you serve, who will you be?" This is kind of obscure, and probably many wouldn't have "gotten it."
I took that to be a foretelling of the death of all life on Earth. Also what happens when Excalibur goes rogue. However it works all 3 ways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back