• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade On Scifi Channel UK

I take it that they aren't going to show A Call To Arms before are they? Because I haven't seen that and would like to before I watch Crusade.

Plus they are airing the first episode the night before I move back home, so I will miss the first episode. great :(

Some of those episode synopses are screwed up, not to mention filled with spoilers. e.g.

The Long Road
After a series of confrontations between villagers and the miners, Alwyn intercedes and prepares to destroy the Medusa.

Alwyn intercedes and prepares to act like he's going to destroy the Medusa.

"Daniels fires at the mine, apparently killing Alwyn and accidentally vaporizing the mineral deposit."

???
Gideon fires at the mine, apparently killing Alwyn and accidentally vaporizing the mineral deposit."

The Path of Sorrows
However, instead of doling out forgiveness, the orb insists that Galen forgive God and the universe for taking away his most precious possession.

I wouldn't call Isabelle, a "possession."

The tortured Eilerson wonders what he would have learned had he answered the sphere's call like the others did, instead of resisting.

I don't remember any of this stuff about Eilerson from the episode.

Patterns of the Soul
After Tim takes Chambers hostage using superhuman strength, Gideon realizes that the colonists fled Earth because they are experimental prototypes of cybernetic life--half-human, half-machine.

Mostly human, part machine. Basically "enhanced humans."

Ruling from the Tomb
After an explanation of Gideon's terrifying fib, the convention continues peacefully.

And we see none of that continuation.

I would continue, but it looks like the site went down when I tried to access the "Rules of the Game" synopsis. :confused:

Pobman, if they are showing in the original order then it will be Warzone, which is'nt up to much.
Folks got a VCR?

:D It's OK. It's repeated on the Sunday after (according to radiotimes.com it is Warzone first).

Do I need to watch Call to Arms first? Would it be better if I did? Or should I just watch Crusade and watch it when I can buy it?

Pobman, if they are showing in the original order then it will be Warzone, which is'nt up to much.
Folks got a VCR?

:D It's OK. It's repeated on the Sunday after (according to radiotimes.com it is Warzone first).

Do I need to watch Call to Arms first? Would it be better if I did? Or should I just watch Crusade and watch it when I can buy it?

Need to? No.

Just watch Crusade and watch A Call to Arms when you can buy it. War Zone is pretty much superfluous, if you've seen A Call to Arms. However, War Zone does have some good Max Eilerson scenes :) and he wasn't in A Call to Arms.

Gideon fires at the mine, apparently killing Alwyn and accidentally vaporizing the mineral deposit.

I don't think there was anything accidental about it. :) Gideon and Alwyn planned it that way, to make Earthforce leave the villagers alone.

Gideon fires at the mine, apparently killing Alwyn and accidentally vaporizing the mineral deposit.

I don't think there was anything accidental about it. :) Gideon and Alwyn planned it that way, to make Earthforce leave the villagers alone.

Yeah, I should have put the accidentally in quotes. ;)

Gideon fires at the mine, apparently killing Alwyn and "accidentally" vaporizing the mineral deposit.

Gideon wants the Captain of the Medusa to think it's collateral damage that just couldn't be helped. We know differently.

:eek: I suppose if Crusades was on anywhere in the US you guys would have mentioned it, right? :eek:

I've always wanted to see Crusades, but never had the chance. I'm just hoping that someday The SciFi Channel will pick it up..in the meantime...ENJOY it! You're lucky to have it! :D

It's really good to see it on here in the UK again :) It's odd, I have it on video and VCD, but it's still fun to watch it 'live' so to speak :D

:eek: I suppose if Crusades was on anywhere in the US you guys would have mentioned it, right? :eek:

Right, and forgive me for being nit-picky, but it's Crusade (not plural).

(BTW, this is the first chance I've had to post since 8/5.)

I've always wanted to see Crusades, but never had the chance. I'm just hoping that someday The SciFi Channel will pick it up..in the meantime...ENJOY it! You're lucky to have it! :D

The Sci-Fi Channel (US) did air Crusade from April 9, 2001 'till ~November 17, 2003. Then, their rights to air the show expired and were not renewed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back