• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Chapter 12: TNT Without End, Part I

BlackStar

Beyond the rim
Disclaimer: There are no more funny disclaimers, only the cold, hard truth that I'm being evil by stealing these characters from a great man. I hope I get sued.
---------------------------------------

"Previously on Crusade: My GOD! We don't have enough time to go back and copy cute little comments from the last one, so you'll have to go back and read it to refresh your memory!"
---------------------------------------

TNT Without End, Part I

Captain Matthew Gideon’s Log, December 20th. We’re on the run. With the help of Galen we managed to secede from Earth, but I don’t know how much longer we can evade them. I’ve considered contacting some old friends, but I’m not sure how well I would be received. In the meantime, we’ve gotten a few messages from Galen. He’s reported that the TNTnites have bolstered their defenses around T’N’T’ha’dum’a. Although expected, this won’t make it any easier for us to take out their main base of power. Additionally, he reported that they’ve started infiltrating other alien governments. If the other governments are corrupted, we really are in for hell. Captain Ivanova has contacted President John Sheridan in an attempt to stop further TNT expansion, but she’s had no reply so far. She contacted the nearest Whitestar and is on her way to Minbar to find out what happened to Sheridan.

ZAthras stood ready to depart Babylon 5. He had made the trip from Epsilon 3 in the early morning hours in preparation for what was to come. Now came a critical point. Gideon would have to be persuaded into helping him.

“Captain, we’re approaching the system you specified.”

“All right. Prepare to jump.”

“Ready Captain.”

“Jump.”

As the Excalibur left the currents of hyperspace, Gideon stared intently at the new system. The Apocalypse Box had requested that Gideon take the ship to this new area. As for what they would find, Gideon had no idea.

“Captain!” an officer yelped, “Scanners are indicating Drakh ships.” The young officer studied his monitor closely and continued, “two heavy cruisers and one mothership.”

“Stand by.”

“Captain?”

“I said stand by!”

“Yes sir.”

A moment passed. Then another. Finally, the Drakh were ready. “Sir, they’re requesting communication.”

“Put it on the main screen.”

“Yes sir,” the officer said as he brought the image on to the main screen. A rather unremarkable Drakh captain appeared on the screen.

He apparently was well versed in English. “Captain Gideon. It’s good to see you, again.”

“We’ve…met?”

“Indeed we have. A long time ago…. in a certain war zone.”

“My God. Those were dark times.”

“Indeed they were, but times are only getting darker. We need…your help.”

“Let me get this straight. You need our help?”

The Drakh lowered his head and then replied in a whisper. “Yes.”

“Why?” Gideon asked half afraid to learn the answer.

“Our territory…has been invaded.”

Gideon took hold of the arm of his chair in preparation for the second part of the reply.

The reply came. “By…the TNT Alliance.”

“No,” Gideon saw a deck officer form on his lips. No sound came out.

“What do you need from us?”

“We need you to help us in a critical mission…Captain,” the Drakh hissed, ashamed.

“What sort of mission?”

“A mission of time…”

Ivanova once again sat proudly in the command chair of a Whitestar. “How long until we reach Minbar?” she demanded to know.

“We’ll be arriving within the hour,” one of the Minbari reported.

“Faster! Sheridan could be in trouble…”

“You see, Captain, we must go back in time and prevent the TNT Alliance from infiltrating your world.”

“When?”

“They started nearly a year ago. We must go back to the one critical moment when the TNT Alliance made contact with Earth!”

“How will we go back in time?”

“We must proceed to Sector 14.”

“Sector 14? I thought it’s under quarantine.”

“It is, but as we speak, the Great Machine on Epsilon 3 is working steadfastly to open up a temporal rift to allow us to pass through time. We must move, quickly, if we are all to be saved!”

“No!” Gideon yelled. “We must strike at T’N’T’ha’dum’a now, while they are unprepared!”

“If we go to T’N’T’ha’dum’a, we will surely die! What we will do this day has already been done; if we do not go, none will survive!”

“Promise me something,” Gideon demanded.

“What?” the Drakh captain asked.

Gideon narrowed his eyes. “Promise me that when we destroy the TNTnites that I can rip the organs from one of their bodies.”

“Done! Now let us be off!”

The screen flickered off and an officer turned back to Gideon. “Captain, we’re picking up a small cargo ship coming this way. It appears to be arriving from Babylon 5. The Drakh request that we allow it to dock.”

“All right. I’ll be in the docking bay. Plot a course for Sector 14 and get us there as soon as possible.”

“Yes sir.”

Gideon heard a shocking noise from the docking bay as he arrived on deck. The ship had docked, and its single passenger was outside unloading equipment.

“Can I help you,” Gideon asked.

“Mmm…no…”

“I see. May I ask your name?”

“I was called ZAthras, you see? ZAthras is not Zathras, do not confuse the two…tck tck.”

“I…don’t understand.”

ZAthras elaborated. “All of time can be broken down into moments of chaos, and moments of destruction. I am being the one who brings order to that chaotic lifestyle.”

“I see…”

“Tck tck…I ask only two things of you.”

“And they are?”

“One, I am being demanding the utmost respect from you! I am not being looked down upon by the likes of YOU! There are many things you need be understanding. The one is that you are an inferior organism, incapable of understanding my majestic outlook on life. The second one is being called compensation. I am being beast of burden. Being once a time when I was naturally beast of burden, I could help free of charge, but now, as I grow closer and closer to retirement on Epsilon 3, I am being requesting adequate retirement funds. I wish only pleasant life with my children: ZEthras, Zethras, HAthras, and Billy Bob ZAthras.”

“Is there anything else, Mr. ZAthras?”

“Tck tck,” ZAthras articulated with a few twitches, “Affirmative. I require that you make passionate love with me.”

The Captain slowly backed away. “I’m afraid that won’t be possible…”

“Tck tck, you do not understand.”

“I…think we should be on our way Mr. ZAthras.”

“Mmm, probably being good idea. Again then, hurryings are not entirely critical to this mission. We must learn to savor the moments. This is the time of our lives, tck tck!”

“Captain Ivanova, we’re approaching Minbar.”

“Jump!” Ivanova ordered.

As the Whitestar emerged from hyperspace, Minbar came into view. Ivanova fell out of her chair. “Those dirty bastards. They…blew up Minbar!”

“No,” the pilot said, “my mistake. I came out of the jump point the wrong way.” He turned the ship and there was Minbar.

“Ah, that’s better. Now get me President Sheridan!”

“I’m afraid he’s left a message, Captain.”

Ivanova frowned. “Let me see it.”

A smiling Sheridan appeared on the screen. “Hello, this is President Sheridan. I can’t come to the link right now, because I’m too godly for you! Leave a message and my secretary might get back to you, if you’re important enough. Otherwise, have a pleasant holiday!”

Ivanova stood and prepared to record a message. “Hello, Johnny. Pick up the link. I know you’re there.” She waited for a few moments. “Okay, you’re probably in the shower or something. I’ll wait.” She waited a bit longer. “Pick up the link you bastard!”

President John J. Sheridan appeared soon after. “Susan!”

“Hello. Are you all right?”

“Yes, is something wrong?’

“We couldn’t get through to you a while back.”

“Ah, link was down. Delenn forgot to pay our bill. Damned long distance companies…”

“Ah,” Ivanova said, “well. Have you heard?”

“About what?”

“The TNT Alliance?”

“Who?”

“We’re approaching Sector 14,” came the update on the bridge of the Excalibur.

“Jump!” Gideon ordered.

As the Excalibur came out, the temporal rift came into view. A few seconds later the Drakh mothership emerged, followed by her sister ships.

“Tsk, tsk,” ZAthras said. “Very dangerous! But in we go! We go, we go!”

“You heard him. Let’s go!” Gideon ordered.

“Tck tck,” ZAthras remarked. “Why is it that you always say ‘let’s go’ before you make a story to be continued?”

“Ratings,” Gideon replied.

--To Be Continued--

------------------
"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant."
BlackStar's Messageboard | blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited December 11, 2001).]

That was most enjoyable. I can't wait to see the next part!

*Shakes head as she leaves and mutters* Delenn forrgetting to pay bills. What is the universe coming to?

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

ROFLMAO!!!
laugh.gif
I had huge problems trying not to laugh out too loud... it would be inappropriate at work.
blush.gif

I really can't wait to read the next chapter.
laugh.gif
Just take your time and get those nasty exams out of the way first.

BTW, did Gideon agree to ZAthras' final request?
wink.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

He'd better not! I warned you about letting My Captain get into other people's beds! Lochely was bad, Dureena was worse, but ZATHRAS??!!!!
shocked.gif

I'm sure Zathras is more Galen's type
laugh.gif

Keep it coming
wink.gif

------------------
Demon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
He'd better not! I warned you about letting My Captain get into other people's beds! Lochely was bad, Dureena was worse,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you mean by this. Personally, I find Dureena a lot hotter than Lochley.
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
but ZATHRAS??!!!!
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next will be a Pak'mar'a.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

BlackStar, this is great!
laugh.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Next will be a Pak'mar'a. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Captain may be a slut, but he's not THAT much of a slut
laugh.gif

Anyway, we all know that a Pak'ma'ra requires additional technology
wink.gif

------------------
Demon

Anyway, we all know that a Pak'ma'ra requires additional technology
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just how would you know that, Demon? Not from personal experience, I hope? :eek
wink.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War

The opening scene of The Needs of Earth
smile.gif

Chambers and Gideon turning their heads to one side when watching Eilerson's Corrupt Data Crystal.

"It's a wonderful thing, technology"

shocked.gif

------------------
Demon

And I want to know what will happen to my Max...

I don't suppose you could find a way to write G'Kar into the story, could you, my dear?
wink.gif
After all, I see Ivanova in every other paragraph.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

I'd like to know how this wild tale turns out.
lol.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

G'Kar? I suppose I *could* find a small role for him. Sooner or later, however, this is going to turn out to be Babylon 6.
wink.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

I seldom read fanfic but this is too good to miss.
lol.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I'm so evil, aren't I? ...keeping all of you waiting in suspense for part two.

Well, well, even I need a break sometimes! Crusade will return after January 1st!

------------------

No! I've gotten writer's block. I need a co-writer, now that I'm on the stock market and all...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
No! I've gotten writer's block. I need a co-writer, now that I'm on the stock market and all...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what happens when you let the fire go cold (i.e. go on hiatus)?
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 03, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as you can write such wonderful poems as the one you stuck on my board, I refuse to believe this.
lol.gif

Or I'll have to sell the stock and lose all that I invested in you.
crazy.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

All right, all right then, I'll think long and hard about this, and then BOOM! I will shock you all to no end.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back