• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crank it up!

There is a noticable difference between commerical and show volume. I have a harder time hearing the show at my parents house, they have digital cable, than at my apartment which has normal cable.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Volume on Sci-fi is definitely lower than many other channels (TBS, TNT, USA, etc.). I have the PEGASUS incarnation of DIRECTV - bog standard satellite TV, and I noticed it right away when I hooked it up.

I have to crank the volume to 70%-80% on my not-too-shabby Stereo TV to get a satisfying volume level so I don't miss softer dialogue from a mere 8 feet across the room. Look out when the commercials come on, though! I'm always muting or tweaking the volume.

Seeing B5 again is more than worth the trouble, I know most of us would agree...

------------------
When I gae 't sae me killy Kairn,
'Tis the fol 'o dew, a charnie bairn,
Tu loodie, tu lookie, tu wipple,
an' the auld man flipt an' diede.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back