• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Could Crusade Be Done With A New Cast???

The only situation that would really bother me would be if they keep the 13 eps, but use different actors for the same characters for the new eps. However, I don't think JMS would do that. When actors left B5, the characters left with them, always. Also, JMS seems to believe strongly in the relationship between actor and character. Michael O'Hare is Sinclair, Boxleitner had to be someone else.

So, if they keep the eps and get all the actors back, that's fine. If they re-do the eps, that could be better since they could throw off the TNT influence. If the scrap them and get new actors, that would be fine, too. As far as I'm concerned, JMS knows how to cast actors. I mean, look at Katsulas, Jurasik, Doyle, Furlan.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Gulp . . . say what? is that a movie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure is
smile.gif
One where the character played by Gary Cole goes skinny dipping.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Oh and before GideonsMine decides to strangle me (just kidding! ), I have to agree that I'd want Gary Cole back as Gideon, too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good because if she didn't I would
smile.gif

------------------
Demon

Demon: it's a good thing I used precaution, then.
laugh.gif

Frizzell: now why did I think that you would say that about Max, too? It wouldn't have anything to do with your avatar pic, would it?
wink.gif

But I suppose that I would also take Crusade back any way possible... I'd much prefer the original cast (simply because I got used to them and started to like them) but if that's not possible, I'd go with a new cast as well. It's ultimately the story that matters.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:

To become this fixated on particular actors - especially based on half a season of a TV show (or, in the case of Rangers, a pilot film) strikes me as a little excessive.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only a little excessive? I reserve the right to be as excessive as I want!
cool.gif

Personally, I want the original actors for Galen, Dureena, Matheson, and Eilerson. I liked them.

I disliked Captain Gideon (not the actor, but the charactor) and I would love to see him get killed off or reassigned or just wander off and get lost somewhere. I never got to care much one way or another for Dr. Chambers, so she's replaceable.

jen

------------------
"It's impossible to fool everybody all of the time -- some of them are busy fooling you."

Uh-oh, watch out, GideonsMine is come after you...
smile.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I was going to say that I second Hypatia's vote for Max (David Allen Brooks), but I see that Kribu has beat me to it.
smile.gif
He was by far my favorite.

I really liked the cast. However, I agree that it might be hard to get Gary Cole back. As for the others, I do not know. I would miss Matheson (Daniel Dae Kim) and Galen (Peter Woodward). I would hope that all of the actors would/could return, if the show was brought back to life.

It has been so long that I would be alright with a cast change, if they could get the show back on the air.

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"What you regard as inconsequential dental forms are in fact more, much more. They are in fact symbols, symbols of America.
Although the world will little note nor long remember what we do today in these hallowed halls. I tell you this with no degree of uncertainty. That forms filed in triplicate are the very foundation of democracy.
Why do we file Robert?
Why?
One word. Freedom...

"I love the smell of toner in the morning."
-Eberts

I am astounded by Kribu's powers of intuition. I thought that I was being so circumspect.
crazy.gif

"Good in theory. Lousy in practice. It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

How can you not love that guy?

I do not think that I have added any substance to the discussion, but that has never stopped me before.
laugh.gif

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"What you regard as inconsequential dental forms are in fact more, much more. They are in fact symbols, symbols of America.
Although the world will little note nor long remember what we do today in these hallowed halls. I tell you this with no degree of uncertainty. That forms filed in triplicate are the very foundation of democracy.
Why do we file Robert?
Why?
One word. Freedom...

-Eberts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frizzell:
I am astounded by Kribu's powers of intuition. I thought that I was being so circumspect.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, don't tell anyone but I believe I may have telepathic powers that reach very far. I don't even need the line of sight.
shocked.gif

You know, there's one thing I'm really sorry about... that I never thought of taping Crusade. Oh well. I know there are videos available but I don't think I want to buy them... yet. Perhaps once I get desperate enough.
blush.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

Wow, Estonia to North Carolina, that is quite a feat. Shhh, your secret is safe with me.

When Crusade first aired on TNT, I was eyeball deep in research papers. So, I would pop in a tape and head out. I did not get to watch the series until after Crusade's short run was over. It was then that I discovered that I was missing Ruling from the Tomb.

When Sci-fi bought the rights to show Crusade, I was very pleased. They do not sell the tapes over here. It was a wonderful chance to once again to see the great Max Eilerson in action. I paid alot closer attention this time.
wink.gif

I hope that the 13 episodes will one day be available here, regardless of the fate/future fate of Crusade itself.

------------------
-Jonathan Swift

Why do we file Robert?
Why?
One word. Freedom...

-Eberts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dah'een:
*laughs*
laugh.gif

You know, G'KarsEye, you just made me think... how arrogant some of us are - myself included.

It's wonderful that we come together, but do we step over the line? Is it arrogance or merely a... quirk of human personality?

I have much to ponder.

Again, thank you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, sometimes we do step over the line and as long as we remember that, we can come back to the light . . . LOL

Human personality, yes we are quick to judge and quick to render our opinions.

But in regards to your prior post, I do think that some rest prior to Crusade may have been the best option for JmS. Unfortunately the man had to spend too much time fending off robotic suits that know little to nada about putting together a quality tv show in any genre.

I do not believe Crusade was a mistake and I would fight you on that one to the very end. But the network, the parties involved, the lack of needed time to wind down for the man, etc. made for a problematic beginning to a brilliant idea and what could have been a great show.

If it comes back, and it is on Sci Fi's table again for discussion, I want the original cast. All of them. And Gary Cole, definitely my captain.

I'm a horndog for the man what can i say?

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JLLanglois:
Only a little excessive? I reserve the right to be as excessive as I want!
cool.gif

Personally, I want the original actors for Galen, Dureena, Matheson, and Eilerson. I liked them.

I disliked Captain Gideon (not the actor, but the charactor) and I would love to see him get killed off or reassigned or just wander off and get lost somewhere. I never got to care much one way or another for Dr. Chambers, so she's replaceable.

jen

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to remember to be nice to you. I can't promise anything. Just wander off into space and get lost? that's not a very nice thing to say at all.

I will try.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited August 16, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Uh-oh, watch out, GideonsMine is come after you...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah G'KarsEye, I think you are wonderful.

And yes I did.

I promise, I will try to remember to be nice to "jen" if I ever respond to a post of hers.

Can't promise anything, but I will try.

cool.gif
Right now, I'm working on Cool.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
The actor who plauyed Gideon (I swear, one day I'm gonna learn these people's names) had his best performance ever as the manager in "Office Space."

"Yeah, if you could just come in on Saturday, yeah, that would be great."

I can't watch Crusade without giggling.

Galen- I will never get tired of grandiose English type actors. Olivier, Stewart, McKellan, Guiness, I love 'em all. Every show should have one, and they should by cryptic and powerful.

Joe, I was gonna say the same thing you did about sci-fi doctors.
Why does every sci-fi show feel the need to throw in an "ER" aspect of the show? Isn't it possible to not make the doctor a major character?
The only sci-fi doctor I ever really liked was from the original Trek.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that was Bones.

Deforest Kelly

Dr. Leonard McCoy

"he's dead Jim" -- McCoy's main line in most of the ep's

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

original cast... yes havent noticed that any of them are as busy as say matt damon so perhaps they could find the time for some steady income... and the show wouldnt be worth watching without peter woodward, david allan brooks, carrie dobro and of course gary cole...

in reply to a comment made about how the 13 episides werent that good. neither were the first season of b5. i almost stopped watching because some of the episodes were so bad!

------------------
"I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."--Max eilerson

[This message has been edited by Alexthecat (edited August 19, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Good because if she didn't I would
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that really his butt and not a stunt butt. Like the one they used for Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon movie?

It was a great butt all the same

LOLOLOL

Printed them out in lovely large living color. Methinks me hubby is po'd at me.

LOLOLOL

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Is that really his butt and not a stunt butt. Like the one they used for Mel Gibson in the first Lethal Weapon movie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rent the movie sometime and you'll see that there's no doubting whose butt it is
wink.gif

------------------
Demon

gideonsmine and demon... whew... im still trying to get cool! i just adore naked men! LOL! i think gideon could captain my ship anyday... but id still need max to fight with! and galen.... hmmm perhaps the making of a dream there! LOL ( a very naughty dream)

alex

------------------
"I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."--Max eilerson

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dah'een:
Great points, G'Kars Eye.

No, I don't think he should avoid making Rangers because he may be busier now than he was when he made Crusade.

My point - possibly very badly constructed
tongue.gif
- was that I believe time away from Babylon 5 and it's Universe may have been essential to the success of any sequel series.

I really believe (falsley or correctly) that for the creative juices to remain fresh, a little distance is sometimes needed. If not to debrief on what has gone, then to recharge for what is to be created in the future.

But *shrugs*, just an opinion!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to remind people of this, but Rangers is not a series. This will be decided on down the line once Sci Fi sees how well the movie does. Since it isn't even due to air until January 2002, we have a long time to wait.

They could decide on Crusade in November.

Sorry you are not a Crusade fan. What are you doing here with us diehards?

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Back