• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Comparison - Rangers and Gathering

Londonium

Beyond the rim
Opinions of The Gathering are, to say the least, controversial (I'm of the opinion that is kinda sucked).
Many things were changed after this pilot (like the makeup and some of the cast).
I wonder if Legend of the Rangers will go through a similar process if it goes series, or, if the fact that B5 is an established franchise with a large fanbase might influence them to change as little as possible for continuity purposes.
I would love to hear the perspective of someone who has seen To Live and Die in Starlight *cough* Antony *cough*

------------------

What is it with all this *cough* coughing *cough* all over the board - I didn't realise the Drakh plague had started to bite already.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I may have missed it of course, but my recollection is that here in the UK we didn't see "The Gathering" until well after S1 had begun on our TV screens.

Now that was wierd - seeing the different uniforms, makeup, Takashima, Kyle, Lyta and hearing that very odd soundtrack from Stewart Copeland which was musically quite good (but just not Chris Franke)!

I thought the film itself was poorly paced, a point that I believe the second edition (roll on DVD release here) puts right.

Other than that I thought it was reasonably good - it certainly had more depth to it than Star Trek had.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

[This message has been edited by GaribaldisHair (edited December 20, 2001).]

I doubt much, if anything, would change. Back then it was a different time, a new experience for JMS. I think this time he knows the ropes a lot more, knows this universe, and has more support. We will see.

------------------
"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back