• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Claudia Christian cd

I recently bought the Claudia Christian cd "...once upon a time...". Surprisingly it's not that bad. I was wondering if anyone else on this board has heard any of this and what were your thoughts about it?

I have the cd and it is excellant I also have the other cd Area 51 which is also pretty good if you have the chance purchase it as well.

heh.. ever take a listen to "Taboo"?

Hint: don't play it very loud if your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/parents are nearby.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Same goes for "Partners in the Sublime" ... although it's not as breathy and moany /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
heh.. ever take a listen to "Taboo"?

Hint: don't play it very loud if your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/parents are nearby..

[/quote]

Indeed. Whenever I watch reruns of B5 I have a whole perspective on Ivanova.....

I don't have this particular CD, but I do have the one where Claudia was part of the Be Five with Bill Mumy, Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, and Peter Jurasik. I must admit that Claudia is not all that bad of a singer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

It can be done, you just have to know where to look, and have extreme patience.

The last 3 cd's can be had very easily. Area 51, you can get through mail order, unless you've got a pretty good "specialty imports" music store in your area. If you notice, I put at least one source for each of the "easily" available cd's on the "payments" page. That includes Area 51, Once Upon a Time, and The Be Five.

Now ... The two songs that are on her promo cd are "Partners in the Sublime" and "Taboo" ... One of these songs (Taboo) is on "Once Upon a Time", just not "Partners" ... Also Claudia Squared, aka The Claudias, really isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Yes, it was Claudia's first "full-length" album, but with the sole exception of Taboo (which has been on 3 of her 5 cd's so far!), she doesn't sing in any of them. She performs spoken word in the songs, while Claudia Cummings does the actual singing.

As for that cd, C2, it was never released officially. Claudia took it with her to some conventions, and sold it through the website she had at the time, but she only had a limited number on hand.

Claudia Cummings denies the cd was ever made, and instead points people to the same cd with yet another title, but with all references to our Claudia cut out. From what I've been able to gather by speaking with both of them, they had some kind of falling out or misunderstanding, and it left then both feeling hurt, and neither wants to talk about it.

So ... the C2 cd that I got came from eBay ... There was a really cool lady from England that decided to auction off some of the cd's she didn't listen to anymore ... That, and Mira Furlan's "Songs From Movies that have Never Been Made" (yes, I already have one copy signed, but the fact is, it was only made available from Time Machine, and they've got less than a dozen left right now! It's out of print, and going up in value!). That's ALSO where I got the Taboo double-single.

I *have* seen these same cd's up for auction since then, but I already have copies, so I don't need more ... but they can be had, if you're willing to look long enough and hard enough.

That, or just find someone who has them and would be willing to make copies /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

next question? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Her music is strange... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .. If you like the lounge-singer style singing, may i recommend that you Claudia-Fans try Brent Spiner's (Yes, Data from ST:TNG for those 3 people on the planet who don't know he is /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) musical outings... Similarly bizarre /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back