• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Chrysalis

Icarus

Another damn fine episode in my opinion. What's not love??
I thought the Londo / Vir thing where they tried to decided what animal it was and came up with cat was hilarious!
And the rest of the story was brilliant. The assassination of the President! I knew it was coming because I'd seen the episode before, but seeing it again just reminded me how shocking it was.
And was that the first appearance of the Shadows? I could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is. Last time I saw all of Season One was when it was first on in the UK (which was a long time again /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif )
Overall a very brilliant episode, 8 out of 10 in my book. What's your opinion?

Icarus
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Icarus:
<font color=yellow>Another damn fine episode in my opinion. What's not love??
I thought the Londo / Vir thing where they tried to decided what animal it was and came up with cat was hilarious!
And the rest of the story was brilliant. The assassination of the President! I knew it was coming because I'd seen the episode before, but seeing it again just reminded me how shocking it was.
And was that the first appearance of the Shadows? I could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is. Last time I saw all of Season One was when it was first on in the UK (which was a long time again /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif )
Overall a very brilliant episode, 8 out of 10 in my book. What's your opinion?

Icarus
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Almost. The first appearance of the Shadows and Morden was in "Signs and Portents." Although you only see a part of a Shadow ship for about 3 seconds, and then its gone again. There is also no explaination about what it was. You see nothing of this or those ships until Chrysalis.

I agree, this was hands down the best episode of the first season for me as far as sheer gripping power. It really roped you into the story.

This is probably my all-time favorite episode. So much happens in this one episode, that it sets the stage for pretty much the rest of the series. You have the assassination of President Santiago, which thrusts Clark into the position. Delenn goes through her transformation, which later attracts Sheridan to her. Garibaldi is shot after he discovers that Santiago is about to be killed. Morden gets Londo wrapped around his little finger. And Sinclair gets engaged and then gets recalled to Earth.

It was an excellently written episode and remains at the very top of my list.

I would have to agree that it was a pivotal episode which gave rise to B5 as we know it. Thats why I stated a while back in one of the other threads , I could only appreciate series 1 after viewing the other seasons, only finished series 4 recently!

and the EF1 explosion..........no one does it like that anymore (though i know b5 had no choice at the time)

- just the detail of the way the ship broke apart........can you imagine how beautiful that would look if they spent that much time on a big explosion now-a-days with todays lightening techniques - <sigh> so sweet

and the ppg effect when Garibaldi is shot - i mean flames!, smoke! - wow

and and yes, story is great too lol........sinclair was great also

just GREAT

That explosion was excellent. Then again thats what set B5 apart from all the others, enhancing the reality of the moment with cgi. Not trying to redefine reality wioth cgi

Yes, very good episode, in my opinion. I like all the intrigue that goes on in this episode. There's some Shadow action, trouble for the Humans, and a bit of Minbari mystery.Very entertaining, yes.

I love this episode. It's the one that got me hooked to B5 in the first place. Up until Chrysalis, I had just been watching casually. After watching this episode, I was completely addicted to B5.

Excellent episode.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Chrysalis was probably the best ep in season one, and I liked a lot of others too. But it was just so packed full of heavy changes. About my only dissappointment is that the clue of the jamming devices was never followed up on later.

Members online

No members online now.
Back